× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Firmware 6.5.1 AD issues

JumpM8
Aspirant

Netgear Firmware 6.5.1 AD issues

Hello,

This is my first time here, I've been having issues with our Netgear ever since updating to 6.5.  When first upating; AD would not work, could not connect to the NAS at all if switched to AD.  I had to turn it back to local authentication and restart the NAS for anyone to be able to access the NAS.

Than 6.5.1 came out and thought that would solve the issue, but again AD did not work and it also disabled samba.  When trying to re-enable it; it would not turn on.  Once again no one was able to access the NAS, not just the shared folder but the NAS was inaccessible.

I upgraded from 6.4.2 > 6.5 > 6.5.1, I should have just left it at 6.4.2.  Is there any fix for this.

Model: RN3130|READYNAS 3130 1U 4-Bay
Message 1 of 5
Dargan
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Firmware 6.5.1 AD issues

I was having a similar issue but was able to resolve mine by refreshing the ADS server accounts.

You might want to go into your AD settings and check to make sure that all of your information is correct. Make sure that your setup information is still valid as shown in this link: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23152/~/how-do-i-configure-active-directory-mode-on-my...

Try applying and refreshing to see if that helps.

Hope it works out, 

Dargan

Message 2 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JumpM8,

Welcome to the community!

You may try Dargan's suggestion and I would say that we have fixed ADS user import errors in 6.5.1. With regard to your issue with enabling/toggling SMB, I suggest that you get support from NETGEAR and contact them via chat.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
JumpM8
Aspirant

All settings are correct, it's the same settings as our other NAS's and they work just fine.  I even deleted everything and re-entered all the information.  The refresh button is greyed out like it it didn't take, even though all the user accounts go populated.  This all started with the 6.5 update, the update did something to the NAS where it has problems with AD.

Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JumpM8,

Thanks for the information that you've provided. You are entitled for lifetime chat support and it would be better if you will report this issue to our support team.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements