× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear NAS 102 not seen by Windows 10 Network viewer

123NAS-NAS123
Aspirant

Netgear NAS 102 not seen by Windows 10 Network viewer

Netgear NAS 102

I have posted the same question below a few weeks ago, I am no further forward dealing with the same issues as stated below. The second issue I have is utilising this forum, when ever anyone responds to my post I cannot respond/reply back, I have to start a new post to reply???

The subject NAS drive is working and functioning perfectly well on my network on that network I have a Windows 7 O/S PC, it can access all folders and file on the NAS.

The network has not changed in fact McAfee antivirus software still sees the NAS drive on my home network.

My second PC on this network was a Windows 7 O/S pc, it also worked perfectly fine accessing all folders and files on the NAS. This PC as been replaced with a new Windows 10 Pro PC.

When I switch the NAS drive on with the new Windows 10 Pro PC, the Windows 10 network viewer does see the NAS drive, then after about 10 to 15 mins it is no longer seen by Windows 10 in network or devices menus. The second networked PC with Windows 7 can still access the NAS drive an all of its files and folders.

For the short period in time that it is seen by Windows 10 I have tried but failed to install Netgear “ReadyNASos-6.10.0-arm” software. I am not able to access any folders, files, firmware or hardware type driver UI to update or install the software.

I trust you can assist?

Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@123NAS-NAS123 wrote:

For the short period in time that it is seen by Windows 10 I have tried but failed to install Netgear “ReadyNASos-6.10.0-arm” software. I am not able to access any folders, files, firmware or hardware type driver UI to update or install the software.

That software has nothing to do with Windows, it is run on the NAS.  Normally you'd browse to https://nas-ip-address/admin. Use the real IP address of the NAS of course.  After you log in, the NAS should tell you that 6.10.1 (or now perhaps 6.10.2) is available for download or installation.  You could also do this on the Windows 7 PC.

@123NAS-NAS123 wrote:

When I switch the NAS drive on with the new Windows 10 Pro PC, the Windows 10 network viewer does see the NAS drive, then after about 10 to 15 mins it is no longer seen by Windows 10 in network or devices menus.

Try entering \\nas-ip-address in the windows File Explorer address field (being careful to use the correct slash direction).  You should see a list of your shares.  After you click on one of them, you likely will get a prompt for username/password.

Message 2 of 10
123NAS-NAS123
Aspirant

Hi StephenB, thanks for your reply.

I have already tried what you suggest...thanks but, the next key problem I get is the NAS admin login page will not accept any username or password, not even the default set "admin" for user name and "password" for password.

Can I reset username and password for the NAS admin login page?

Thanks

Mike

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@123NAS-NAS123 wrote:

Can I reset username and password for the NAS admin login page?

Yes.  You can do an OS reinstall using the NAS boot menu.  In addition to doing a partial reinstall of the operating system, that will

• reset the network to use DHCP
  • turn off volume quota (on the volume settings wheel)
  • reset the admin password to password

Note the web UI username is admin.  

Instructions on using the boot menu are on pages 20-22 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Message 4 of 10
123NAS-NAS123
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks once more for your reply.

I have conducted a successful O/S reset & reset admin password successfuly, I can access the NAS via the Admin page, all its functionality and all dats files and folders stored on the NAS HD's.

I followed process below from another post

2- Click on the "Shares" on the top grey banner

3- Click on the Gear icon to the right of the folder(s) ("/data", etc.) that needs to be mapped/mounted and select setting.

4- Select Network Access on the top grey banner for the folder.

5- select (checkmark) the "allow anonymous access"

6- Click Apply

But still no joy not able to see the NAS drive folders and files in Win 10 explorer.

Hope you can assisit?

Thanks Mike

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

What happens when you enter \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar?  Use the real IP address of course, and make sure you use the correct slash direction (the wrong one will open your browser window)?

FWIW, I suggest creating a local NAS account in the users group.  You can use the same username that you use with the PC (and match the password if you desire).

Message 6 of 10
123NAS-NAS123
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

I typed NAS IP into in file explorer address bar and nothing happend.

However, wht is even more bizare is that I can no longer locate the web admin page for the NAS, it was perfect prior to typing NAS IP into file explorer address bar.

I tried a second O/S reset in desparation but once more it cannot locate the web admin page?

Thanks

Mike

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@123NAS-NAS123 wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

I typed NAS IP into in file explorer address bar and nothing happend.

However, wht is even more bizare is that I can no longer locate the web admin page for the NAS, it was perfect prior to typing NAS IP into file explorer address bar.

I tried a second O/S reset in desparation but once more it cannot locate the web admin page?

Thanks

Mike

Can you still access the NAS from the other PC?  Note that if you can, there is no point to do additional OS reinstalls.

FWIW, you don't need to use RAIDar to reach the admin page.  Just note the IP address (which you can also find from your router).  Then browse to https://nas-ip-address/admin

Message 8 of 10
123NAS-NAS123
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your patinece and persisitence.

Yes I can still access folders and files from old Win 7 PC on the network.

I do not use RaidR for web admin page, only NAS drive IP address.

Now I cannot access web admin page from any PC with NAS drive IP adress?

Thanks 

Mike 

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@123NAS-NAS123 wrote:

I do not use RaidR for web admin page, only NAS drive IP address.

Now I cannot access web admin page from any PC with NAS drive IP adress?

Maybe see what status RAIDar gives you.  Do you have a backup of the data?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements