× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear RN2120v2

vikassingh
Aspirant

Netgear RN2120v2

Not able to ping the device (RN2120v2).earlier it was working fine

Message 1 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear RN2120v2

You have a rackmount model? What firmware was the NAS running?  

What LED status are you seeing? (see pages 14ff here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RN2120/ReadyNAS_OS6_Rackmount_HWM_EN.pdf )

Message 2 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

Ok, so I hope you realize your statement is about as descriptive as "my car was runing this morning, now it's not -- what's wrong?"

A little more detail will go a long way in helping us help you figure out the problem.  Any LEDs lit (front and NIC in the rear)?  Fan sound normal?  Anyting at all you did, or is on a schedule to be done, from working condition to not?  Any changes in network configuration? 

Message 3 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

hi

As per manual, NAS LED status is showing OK.

IP address cant get ping and also MAC address not showing in list on arp -a command

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 4 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

Hi

As per manual,LED status indicting OK status for hardware.No change has been performed for the network configuration.Fan sound is normal.

Message 5 of 16
StephenB
Guru

What is the status of the ethernet LED  (both on the NAS and the switch/router)?

Have you tried using RAIDar to detect the NAS status? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Is the NAS still covered by warranty?

Message 6 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

No warranty covered is expired.

The status of LED as per manual is normal.

No i didnt try the same with RAIDrar.dont know how to use it.

Please guide me

Message 7 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vikassingh

Welcome to the Community!

Kindly install RAIDar to your Computer by downloading the installer on this link

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Once installed run the software and it should detect the ReadyNAS and show it's status, IP address and other information.

It is also possible that it will not detect the NAS if there's no connection to the Network. If this is the case, a bad NIC might be the cause of it,

If you have the NAS under 3 years, RMA would be possible by contacting NETGEAR Support thru my.netgear.com

HTH

Regards

Message 8 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

@vikassingh wrote:

No warranty covered is expired.

The status of LED as per manual is normal.

No i didnt try the same with RAIDrar.dont know how to use it.

Please guide me

We are trying, but statements like "The status of LED as per manual is normal." are not what we are asking when we ask the status of the LEDs.  We want the actual status.  For example, the manual lists this:

The LAN LEDs indicate these states:
     • Solid blue. An Ethernet cable is connected.
     • Blinking. The Ethernet link is active.
     • Off. There is no Ethernet connection

None of these is labeled "normal", so which do you think is normal?  And the status of the LED on the router or switch isn't covered by the ReadyNAS manual.

I have not seen an answer to my question about what activities occurred between when it was working and not.

Message 9 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

Hi

The status of LED while connecting to LAN its blinking blue at front end of NAS.

Message 10 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

Well, with what little you have given us to go on, one possibility is you are trying to access the wrong IP address.  Until you use RAIDar to determine the actual IP address and status reported (or not reported), there is little more anyone can do to help you.

Message 11 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

i have tried with RAIDar and found IP address which is different as configured earlier.

The status of the device showing blue indication in RAIDar utility.

I am now able to ping the IP address but device not accessible through internet explorer or chrome.

@Sandshark wrote:

Well, with what little you have given us to go on, one possibility is you are trying to access the wrong IP address.  Until you use RAIDar to determine the actual IP address and status reported (or not reported), there is little more anyone can do to help you.

Message 12 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

I feel like I'm playng 20 questions.  Assuming you are running RAIDar 4.3.x, the far right shoud either have a status or an OS version.  With the health indicator blue, it should be something other than the OS version.

RAIDar 6.5.x might give you more information.  There are still many unanswered questions above.  If you want help, you need to give us as much information as you have.

Message 13 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

thanks for advice

i have tried to connect the NAS with Raidar 6.5.0

Please find the attached screeshot of the same.

Noted no firmware information at the screen.

Also tried the troubleshooting with Boot menu options like OS reinstall and facoty default but not succeeded.still the same status.

Message 14 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@vikassingh wrote:

That helps.  Something has corrupted the flash (and it might have failed).  The next step would be to attempt a USB recovery.

The instructions for that are here: https://kb.netgear.com/29952/How-do-I-use-the-USB-Recovery-Tool-on-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system#R...

They are a bit convoluted - you have an ARM-based NAS so you do need to create the recovery disk using the instructions in the "To create a USB recovery drive for an ARM-based system" section.

Generally smaller/older USB thumb drives work better than newer/larger ones.

Note the warranty for your NAS is 5 years for the original purchaser.  If you have warranty coverage, you could contact support via my.netgear.com and request an RMA.

Message 15 of 16
vikassingh
Aspirant

thanks for help

I will try with the solution

@StephenB wrote:

@vikassingh wrote:

That helps.  Something has corrupted the flash (and it might have failed).  The next step would be to attempt a USB recovery.

The instructions for that are here: https://kb.netgear.com/29952/How-do-I-use-the-USB-Recovery-Tool-on-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system#R...

They are a bit convoluted - you have an ARM-based NAS so you do need to create the recovery disk using the instructions in the "To create a USB recovery drive for an ARM-based system" section.

Generally smaller/older USB thumb drives work better than newer/larger ones.

Note the warranty for your NAS is 5 years for the original purchaser.  If you have warranty coverage, you could contact support via my.netgear.com and request an RMA.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements