× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No support for netgear consumers who are even willing to pay for the support #26880009

robertgoss
Follower

No support for netgear consumers who are even willing to pay for the support #26880009

Here's how netgear can help if you can't find your receipt:

Hannah: Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.
Hannah: My name is Hannah with Expert ID 46313. How may I assist you today?
Robert Goss: Hi, I have the RN 10200 and 2 days ago I could no longer access my files and noticed the power light is blinking slowly
Hannah: I see.
Hannah: In case we lose connection please do not close your chat window, wait for two minutes for your Internet connection to be restored. In case the chat session is completely disconnected, please request a new session and reference your Customer ID 33072220. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
Robert Goss: I have tried to use the reset mode to reinstall the OS to no avail. I have also tried to reset into volume read only to no avail, it just goes back to blinking slowly i have to brand new ssd's
Robert Goss: * "2" new SSD's
Hannah: Right. By the way, I would like to verify when and where did you purchased the unit?
Robert Goss: in mid april from amazon
Hannah: Thank you. Do you still have the receipt of the unit?
Robert Goss: yep on the the NAS
Hannah: It shows on your profile that there is a difference between the manufacturer and purchase date of the unit. I suggest to attach the receipt to your my.netgear.com account so that we can validate the warranty of the unit.
Robert Goss: okay get me into the nas and I will
Hannah: Here is the link to do it:  http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25625/~/how-do-i-send-readynas-system-logs-to-netgear-...
Hannah: I understand however before we can proceed further in the troubleshooting steps on the unit, we would like you to attach first the receipt to your my.netgear.com account.
Robert Goss: Okay lets try again i H A V E  T H E  R E C E I P T  B U T  I T S  O N  T H E   P R O D U C T  I  P U R C H A S E D  F R O M  Y O U R  C O M P A N Y ...................................SO GET ME INTO THE NAS AND i CAN PROVIDE IT!!!!!!!!
Robert Goss: WHERE I SAVE ALL MY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, USING MY NETGEAR NAS THROUGH MY NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK ROUTER
Robert Goss: ALSO UTILIZING MY NETGEAR SWITCHES, I'M THIS LOYAL AND I'M BEING CRUCIFIED FOR A STUPID RECEIPT
Hannah: I do apologize for the inconvenience however it is the policy that we have here. I believe that there is a receipt sent to you on your email. Is that correct?
Robert Goss: ARE YOU GONNA HELP ME OR AM I GOING TO POST THIS ON EVERY SITE I CAN FIND AND SELL THIS CRAP AND SWITCH TO D-LINK?
Hannah: I am willing to assist with the issue that you had right now with the ReadyNAS device however we need to follow the process. We need to check the receipt of your unit so that we can validate the warranty of this device.
Robert Goss: YOU HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER THAT IS A DATABASE ON YOU SIDE TO VALIDATE WHEN THE PRODUCT WAS MADE!!!!!
Robert Goss: IF I DIDN'T OWN THE PRODUCT WHY WOULD I BE CHATTING WITH YOU???
Hannah: The Serial number of the unit will help us determine the model number and the manufacturing date of the unit however it shows on our system here that there is a big difference between the manufacturing and purchase date of the unit.
Robert Goss: WELL ONE WOULD EXPECT THAT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I WALKED UP TO YOUR FACTORY AND BOUGHT IT, IT SAT IN A WAREHOUSE SOMEWHERE UNTIL IT WAS PURCHASED.
Robert Goss: AND HONESTLY WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? YOUR SITE'S HELP DIDN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE AND STATED TO CONTACT U
Hannah: Right. This is not your fault but for us to assist you further with the case, we would like you to attach first the receipt. I know Amazon will also send you a copy of the receipt on your email.
Hannah: It will help us validate the warranty of your unit so that you can take advantage of your device's warranty entitlement.
Robert Goss: oK forget the warranty, what do you need a paypal account so I can pay for the help jesus!!!!!!
Hannah: No. There is no need for you to pay anything, we only need the receipt so that we can validate it then we can proceed with the troubleshooting steps.
Robert Goss: I've just wasted over 200 dollars worth of my time on this
Robert Goss: okay lets say I bought 4 years ago. now what?
Hannah: I really do apologize for the inconvenience. I am willing to assist you however we need to follow certain policies.
Robert Goss: lets say it's out of warranty
Robert Goss: so now Netgear dismisses it's customers?
Hannah: If the unit is out of warranty, then we will provide some other options available for you.
Robert Goss: well jesus christs provide it and stop wasting both of our time
Hannah: NNETGEAR don't dismisses it's customers but only want to provide you the best that we can.
Robert Goss: what they just paid you to go through this crucifiction could have paid for another unit
Hannah: I know how you frustrated you are but we really need to follow certain company policies.
Robert Goss: I'm not asking for another unit I am asking for help troubleshooting this, not money back not a new unit just some damn help
Hannah: I know that and again as I mentioned earlier I am willing to assist you with your case unless you were able to provide us with the receipt of your unit.
Robert Goss: I'm trying to save myself multiple hours of inconvenience taking the data off these drives and replacing the nas
Robert Goss: ok ok ok ok I don['t have a receipt I can provide now what
Hannah: Please do send us a copy of the receipt so that we can proceed further.
Robert Goss: WHAT IN THE HELL? OKAY FOR SAKE OF SIMPLICITY LETS ASSUME THIS UNIT APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR INTO MY HANDS THEREFORE A RECEIPT IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY, NOW WHAT'S MY OPTIONS
Hannah: If you cannot provide the receipt of your unit, you can return the unit back to the store as the device is still within the store warranty. Also, you can visit our support sites which are support.netgear.com,  http://www.readynas.com and our community forums.
Robert Goss: I AM SORRY DID YOU COME TO WORK DRUNK? I STATED THAT I WENT THERE AND I SPENT OVER 2 HOURS TROUBLESHOOTING IT PER NETGEAR'S ADVICE AND THEIR ADVICE WAS TO CONTACT NETGEAR WHICH IS WHAT I AM DOING NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME TO GO BACK TO THE PLACE THAT SENT ME TO YOU, IS THIS GROUNDHOG DAY AND I'M BILL MURRAY?
Hannah: I really do apologize as those were the options available for you if you cannot provide the receipt.
Robert Goss: SO NETGEAR IS DISMISSING ME BECAUSE THEY CAN'T DETERMINE BY THE SERIAL NUMBER OF A PRODUCT THAT THEY MANUFACTURED IF A PRODUCT CONSUMER IS WORTHY OF INFORMATION ON HOW SAID PRODUCT FUNCTIONS? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?
Robert Goss: AND YOU STATED OPTION(S) THE WEBSITE FORUMS WAS 1 WHAT'S THE OTHER?
Hannah: The other support options were support.netgear.com and  http://www.readynas.com.
Hannah: Also, based on our warranty policy your NETGEAR product must have been purchased from an authorized NETGEAR reseller in order to be eligible for warranty coverage and must have a proof of purchase. You can check this on this link:  http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1113/~/warranty-return-policy
Hannah: Since the unit is beyond 1 year of presumed shelf life, we need the receipt to validate the warranty of the unit.
Robert Goss: YOU DO REALIZE THIS CONVERSATION WILL BE POSTED ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE ON YOUR FORUMS, NOW THAT YOU'VE INSULTED MY INTELLIGENCE AND WASTED MY TIME, THIS WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF A QUEST THAT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL I GET NATIONAL COVERAGE. ALL DUE TO YOU WITHHOLDING INFORMATION ON A PRODUCT THAT I PAID FOR, THE CEO'S OF NETGEAR CANNOT BE THIS BLIND TO LOGIC, ITS NOT POSSIBLE
Hannah: I am so sorry Robert however this is the policy of NETGEAR.
Hannah: We can still help you through our forum and free support sites.
Robert Goss: AGAIN I AM NOT ASKING FOR A WARRANTY REFUND, MONEY BACK, NEW UNIT. I AM ASKING FOR YOU TO TYPE WORDS ONTO THE SCREEN THAT WILL SPELL OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR PRODUCT, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?
Hannah: I do understand. For us to proceed with the support we need to validate the warranty of your unit.
Robert Goss: I'LL PAY FOR IT I DON'T CARE, IT'LL BE ON MY DIME MONEY IS NOT THE ISSUE AND THAT IS WHY YOUR POLICIES ARE IN PLACE SO I HAVE JUST REMOVED THE RESTRICTION OF WHY YOU WON'T TALK TO ME, NOW WHAT/
Hannah: However, if you cannot provide the receipt of your unit you are not entitled for the paid support options. You can only visit our free support sites.
Robert Goss: WOW, well I've certainly been loyal to the wrong company for over 2 decades. Had I known netgear could care less about those who support it I never would have purchased anything from them. Disheartening to say the least. I'm embarrassed for you that you work there, really my apologies to you. I'm going to do as I stated earlier and get rid of all my netgear products and switch to a company who cares about those who supports it and let everyone one I meet know what kind of company netgear is.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
LaTower
Aspirant

Re: No support for netgear consumers who are even willing to pay for the support

Its your fault Robert. Dont blame Netgear, at least in this case.

And that capital letters...

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: No support for netgear consumers who are even willing to pay for the support

It's very common for companies to verify warranty entitlement with proof of purchase. You can probably download a receipt from the website if you bought it online.

And you need to remember that you're talking to a person trying to do her job.
You've been impolite and screaming with capitals.
No sympathy.
You can post that all over the Internet. You'll just prove yourself wrong all over the Internet.
Message 3 of 6
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

I think it's important to point out that the reason they request receipt is to see if you're entitled to support, if the manufacture date is far off the purchase date they need to verify it's not a second hand unit. 

ANyways, on to the issue.. Did anything happen prior to this? Disk failures?

Message 4 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No support for netgear consumers who are even willing to pay for the support #26880009

Hello robertgoss,

The sales invoice/receipt is very important. Hard copy and soft copy. This is to prove that your product is not a pre-owned or refurbished unit because the support center will only provide support to units purchased from the authorized resellers. Also, support is free for 90 days only starting from the date of purchase. The serial number will show when the product was manufactured so stating and registering the unit's date of purchase should be at least within the year when the product was made because authorized retailers, most of them, have 1-year shelf life for their units.

In your case, the gap between year of purchase and manufacture year is 2 years, that is the reason you were asked for sales invoice. It is necessary too for validating the hardware warranty.

Regards, 

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No support for netgear consumers who are even willing to pay for the support #26880009

It takes probably 5 minutes at most to find a receipt received by email from Amazon and submit that to verify the date of purchase and 90 days support entitlement.

The unit was manufactured less then 3 years ago, so it would still be under 3 year limited hardware warranty (regardless of whether it was purchased shortly after it was manufactured or recently) if you are the original purchaser from an authorised reseller.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements