× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No volumes exist RN104

wannathermal
Aspirant

No volumes exist RN104

I had a disk failure while I was out of town, the file server shut down. When I returned I removed the "evil" drive and rebooted expecting the nav to start up. (I am an optimist) It booted fine but I was unable to get to the files nor the admin page. I removed all the drives, inserted my trusty scratch drive (I have been here before) and upgraded the version to 6.2.3. Then I shut down, reinstalled my 3 disks and rebooted. No joy. Hung on boot. After rebooting with just disk #1 it booted fine, and I could open the management I found no volumes listed. Not surprising. I shut down, installed disk 1, 2 & 4 and rebooted, the first time it booted, I was able to open the admin page and got the message below . After rebooting it is hung on boot.

I have the logs downloaded if needed.

Bob

03:24:57 Please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk.
04/29/2015 Disk #1.
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

I'll assume you don't have a backup.
If you need to retrieve the data, you should stop trying different combinations of disks as this may make data retrieval more difficult. You should contact Netgear support, they may be able to offer you data retrieval but this will almost certainly cost some money, with no guarantee of success.
Presumably the nas told you that disk 3 was bad, did you receive any messages about errors on other disks?
Message 2 of 3
wannathermal
Aspirant

I do have a backup, slightly out of date as the unit started to fail while I was out of the country sailing. But I can recover most of the data from other sources. But I am concerned that this happened. I followed the recommended steps.

Bob
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements