× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OS Reinstall wiped a share!! Case #19601763

TMiland
Aspirant

OS Reinstall wiped a share!! Case #19601763

Hello,

i judt did a OS reinstall on my ultra 2, and it says here one your website, that that does NOT touch any data!

Now, i got one share missing after the reinstall, that contained data from back to 2003.

How on earth is that even possible??

Any help on getting the share back is much appreciated!! :cry:
Message 1 of 6
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: OS Reinstall wiped a share!!

The share may be there but for some reason not accessible. You can determine this by looking at the size of the volume compared to what it had been, although if it was a very small share it would not jump out.

I would open a case with technical support. They can telenet in and see what is going on. I have done several of these in the past on two platforms (sparc, x-86) and have not encountered this. I assume that you do not have a backup.

If you are still within the first 90 days of ownership, you still have free telephone support. Otherwise open an on-line case. When you get your case number, edit your previous post and add the case number to then end of the subject line.
Message 2 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Message 3 of 6
TMiland
Aspirant

That didn't do anything, but thank you for trying! 🙂
chirpa wrote:
Can you try this addon? http://www.readynas.com/download/addons ... .1-x86.bin

I believe that the files are still there according to the amount of used space on the drive...

I did try to add a new share with the same name as the one that disappeared, maybe that wasn't a good idea?
No i don't have a backup, i deleted it from the duo yesterday, due to re-arranging of data/backups... 😐

I'll try support, and post back. Thanks so far!

PapaBear wrote:
The share may be there but for some reason not accessible. You can determine this by looking at the size of the volume compared to what it had been, although if it was a very small share it would not jump out.

I would open a case with technical support. They can telenet in and see what is going on. I have done several of these in the past on two platforms (sparc, x-86) and have not encountered this. I assume that you do not have a backup.

If you are still within the first 90 days of ownership, you still have free telephone support. Otherwise open an on-line case. When you get your case number, edit your previous post and add the case number to then end of the subject line.
Message 4 of 6
TMiland
Aspirant

Re: OS Reinstall wiped a share!! Case #19601763

It looks like there is a conflict with the old (nas1) and the default (NAS-C1-D6-54) Hostname, both are active at the same time, and accessible.
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: OS Reinstall wiped a share!! Case #19601763

Creating a new share with the same name as the missing one is a very bad idea. You should not have done that.

I would suggest you continue working with support. Please refrain from further attempts to fix this issue yourself. It sounds like you might have a corrupt configuration file somewhere or have a very full OS partition or something like that.

Sounds like they may need remote access to your NAS to look into this issue.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements