× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OS6 and S.M.A.R.T data

soapstone
Aspirant

OS6 and S.M.A.R.T data

I just upgraded from the original Duo to an OS6 (102) unit. For the life of me I can't find the S.M.A.R.T data of a disk in the local admin interface of OS6. What I am not seeing.
Message 1 of 9
xeltros
Apprentice

Go to system/volume in the interface. You should have some kind of image showing the disk layout. Just hoover one of the disk for 3 seconds, it should display a tooltip with some smart info in it (temperature, ATA error, disk status).
Is that what you needed ?
Message 2 of 9
soapstone
Aspirant

The original Duo would give lots more data about 15 entries, items like seek error, number of cycles, total time on, etc.
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For now you could get that info by downloading the logs, extracting the zip contents and looking at disk_smart logs.
Message 4 of 9
soapstone
Aspirant

thks a bundle, found a disk_info.log and that contains what I want to know.
Message 5 of 9
soapstone
Aspirant

there's some very interesting logs in that zip file. More than what I want to know, lol
Message 6 of 9
xeltros
Apprentice

There is everything Netgear could ask for to troubleshot any kind of problem 😉
Message 7 of 9
ljung
Tutor

Or go to system / performance and hover over the green dot for the drive you want info on. Scroll down on mouse wheel in the box for more info.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_sweden_235 using Tapatalk
Message 8 of 9
xeltros
Apprentice

Never thought they could have made a menu available on a green dot... But there is some useful information in it. Thanks for the tip.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements