× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Potential Vulnerability on ReadyNas 6.9.3

gyves1
Luminary

Potential Vulnerability on ReadyNas 6.9.3

Hi Everyone,

My Bitdefender BOX v2 has scanned my network and found 2 suspicious items on my ReadyNas 312 OS 6.9.3.

1) DoS vulnerability

2) Non-secure communication with a Netgear server

I would like to know these issues are known by Netgear?

And how can we fix them quickly and soon?ReadyNas OS 6.9.3 vulnerabilityReadyNas OS 6.9.3 vulnerability

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gyves1

The report you are trying to submit might not be elgible for rewards but you you can still report it.

In addition you can make your Network secure by using Security applications or configuring your router regarding outside access of your Network.

ReadyNAS connected on the LAN or remotely using ReadyCloud is secure. Any threats or Vulnerabilities reported are always being handled accordingly.

You can always go to the link and updates/advisory about Vulnerabilities detected are always listed there.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gyves1

NETGEAR's Security team makes sure every reports submitted gets investigated I would encourage you to report what you have discovered by going into this page or go directly to this site https://bugcrowd.com/netgear

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
gyves1
Luminary

Many thanks 😉

But my issue is out of scope of this bug programme 😕

I can't contact Netgear support because I haven't support subsciption.

The only accepted way by Netgear is this community website 😕 

Model: EDA500|ReadyNAS Expansion Chassis 5-Bay,RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gyves1

The report you are trying to submit might not be elgible for rewards but you you can still report it.

In addition you can make your Network secure by using Security applications or configuring your router regarding outside access of your Network.

ReadyNAS connected on the LAN or remotely using ReadyCloud is secure. Any threats or Vulnerabilities reported are always being handled accordingly.

You can always go to the link and updates/advisory about Vulnerabilities detected are always listed there.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
gyves1
Luminary

Ok, I have found the correct url for out of scope reporting = https://bugcrowd.com/netgearkudos

😉

Thanks

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements