× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Printing Pdf documents with HP Color LaserJet CP1515n

Martin_Lewinsky
Follower

Printing Pdf documents with HP Color LaserJet CP1515n

Hi
I've just bought a new printer: HP Color LaserJet CP1515n installed it on the network (ReadyNASDuo). Printing from word etc. just works fine. But when I try to print Pdf nothing happens including documents in the que.

Then I tried to connect the printer directly to the PC and then it prints without any problem.

Any suggestion to make my printer full featured network printer?

Thx in advance.
Martin
Message 1 of 6
Mysto
Aspirant

Re: Printing Pdf documents with HP Color LaserJet CP1515n

hi,

i have the same problem. i have 5 clients and nobody can print a pdf document. why?
have everybody a solution?

many thanks and best regards,
mysto
Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What print drivers are you using? Have you tried printing the PDF as an image?
Message 3 of 6
MrCyberdude
Tutor

Try what mdgm suggested as that should bypass any of the following mentioned below.

As .Pdf's are similar to postscript maybe there is an issue with the way the linux print driver recognizes what it is being sent, ie there is a transcoding issue?
Also There might be an issue with the embedded TrueType or PostScript font used.

..If.. your printer manual has a way of forcing the type of postscript language then give it a try.
ie PCL5 or PCL 5e or PCL6
Message 4 of 6
frarev
Aspirant

I have the same kind of problem with Windows XP and canon i250 on ReadyNas Duo : sometimes, I can print a PDF file, and sometimes, I can not print PDF document ; the print process in Acrobat reader seems OK, but the document just disapears from the queue without printing and no error.

If I run Word, just type someting (even only a single letter like 'W'), and print it correctly, and then I go back in acrobat Reader, the PDF file can usually be printed correctly..
Message 5 of 6
BadBrad
Aspirant

I just wanted to let you know I had the same problem with my Duo (running 4.1.6) and my Canon i960. Changing settings in Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 to print as an image (instead) helped some, but the problem still did not go away. Like another poster mentioned, printing a word doc or text file before printing a second PDF often allowed the second PDF to print.

The real fix for me was as follows: On a lark, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader and installed Foxit instead as my PDF reader. Since installing Foxit, I have had no problems printing PDFs. It looks like Foxit printing interacts perfectly with the Duo while Adobe Acrobat does not.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements