× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pro 312 6.1.5 backup to Frontview

rgm60527
Aspirant

Pro 312 6.1.5 backup to Frontview

Attempting to create clone of a share on the pro312 to a older ReadyNAS Pro 2 using backup running the Pro 312.

Source is the share Data
Destination is NAS-BACKUP. Share is Data (Rsync is enabled) - What happens is I end up with a nested set of Shares/folders ... aka Data\Data\... which is NOT what I am looking for.

If I remove the destination path name the backup can't connect using the test feature.

If I prefix with a \ (\Data) the backup is unable to connect using the test feature.

PS. Was unable to convince the backup to run on the Pro 2 despite validating the login using the test feature... yes rync was enabled fir the Pro 312 share. tried adding admin to rsync users as an 2nd attempt. no errors just not copying anything
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Maybe rename the share, so it is not named the same as the volume name.
Message 2 of 8
rgm60527
Aspirant

As I understand the frontview volume is named C, and my Pro 312 volume is named Vol1.
Message 3 of 8
rgm60527
Aspirant

First a correction to my initial post. I meant to write the backup is running on the Pro 2. And an update, I am successful creating and running a backup on the pro 2 getting the RN312's share data using remote windows. I don't know what this impact is from a performance viewpoint, it seems to being taking longer but it may suggest a solution. Would prefer rsync.
Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

The pro-2 volume would be C. The default 312 volume name is "data" - did you change it?

Did you try pushing the rsync backup from the 312?
Message 5 of 8
rgm60527
Aspirant

Yes on the rn312 I did change data to vol1.

When I push the backup from rn312 to the pro 2 that's when I get the screwy Data\Data nonsense.

I can't get backup rsync to work when pulling data from the rn312 from the pro 2 though the test feature on the pro 2 backup confirms connection to the rn312. You launch it on the pro 2 and it runs successfully just doesn't copy any files.
Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

I just tested this with my RN102 (6.1.4) and my pro-6 (4.2.24).

"pulling" data in an RN102 share to the pro-6 works fine. You did enable rsync on the RN312 share? Also, perhaps you should use the RN312 admin credentials?

"pushing" data from the RN102 to the pro-6 works, but there is a bug. If the source share is SOURCE, and the destination is DESTINATION, then the files in SOURCE are copied to DESTINATION\SOURCE
Message 7 of 8
rgm60527
Aspirant

I believe that's what I was trying to say. This afternoon 4pm CST I did call support and they confirmed what I was seeing and have kicked up to the engineers to resolve. And I did go aback and try to pull the data from the RN312 and this time I was able to connect, I must have goofed on my login credentials as I was flailing about when the push didn't work. thanks
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements