× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pro 4 Failed Drives

dudeguy81
Aspirant

Pro 4 Failed Drives

I have a Pro 4 and had one hard drive fail. While replacing it the new hard drive installed and came up as a spare. I do not think it is part of the Raid 5 disk. Is there a way to force it on?
Message 1 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

Disk make and model (all of them)?
Was the new disk previously formatted, if so by what device?
Firmware version?
How did you add the disk, was the unit on or off?
Have you rebooted?
What is the volume status?
Do you have a backup?
Message 2 of 5
dudeguy81
Aspirant

it looks like I have another drive failing, now too.

Seagate SV35 3TB All of them
No
RAIDiator 4.2.26
On
Yes
Life Support.
No
Message 3 of 5
dudeguy81
Aspirant

I have a new drive failing all the data is there but it will get tagged as dead by the NAS and then you cannot access it. When the new drive is put in it goes through all the steps and starts the sync, but it does not complete. The new drive shows up as a spare and then the nas goes into Life Support mode. Am I screwed or is there a way to force it to sync?
Message 4 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

I'd suggest support but as you probably know those drives are not on the HCL.
Are you backing up the data?
With another disk failing you are really in trouble without a backup. You could clone all 3 remaining disks before another completely fails but of course you need 3 spare disks to do this.
Don't keep reinserting the disk as each time it's ting to resync and putting load on the other disks.

Have you tested the new disk with seatools?

What indicates another disk is failing? This may be why the NAS cannot add the drive to the array.

I don't know how to force the disk to join the array in this situation other than by factory defaulting.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements