× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with readyNAS and local network

zeutche
Aspirant

Problem with readyNAS and local network

I use readyNAS (ReadyNAS Pro 2) on my local network since about two years now, without any problems.
A few days ago, I installed a new router (Linksys EA6500) and I entered exactly the same parameters as in my previous one.

But since then, I cannot access with my laptop computer to the shared folders of my NAS anymore. In the "My Computer" window of my laptop computer, the readyNAS doesn't appear.
My connection to the local network seems ok because I can access to the internet and I can see the other computers of my network (my son's laptop computer, and my desktop computer) in the "My Computer" window.

The connection of the readyNAS seems ok as well, because the readyNAS appears in the "My Computer" window of my desktop computer (and from there, I can access to the shared folders of the NAS).
I have checked the working group name, and it is the same in the NAS, in my laptop computer and in my desktop computer.

I can see that the readyNAS is "on line" in the device list of my router (although I don't understand why, in this list, the name of the readyNAS is followed by "AFP"), and it has a fixed (reserved) DHCP in my local network.

I would greatly appreciate any help...

Thank you very much,
Thierry
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Problem with readyNAS and local network

Is the NAS configured to use DHCP or a static IP address?
Message 2 of 4
zeutche
Aspirant

Hi Stephen
In the "basic parameters" (not sure of the translation) window, the "IPv4 attribution" is "DHCP server".
Message 3 of 4
zeutche
Aspirant

After many unsuccessful trials, I finally found a solution for accessing to the shared folders of my readyNAS from my laptop.
I simply enter the ip address of my NAS (followed by the name of the folder) in the Map a Network Drive window (e.g., \\192.168.1.107\media), and now this new network drive appears in the "My Computer" window. Note that it doesn't work if I enter the name of the NAS instead of its ip address.
The NAS itself still does not appear as a network device in the "My Computer" window of my laptop.
So, the problem is not completely resolved, but at least I can now access to the shared folders of my NAS from my laptop.
Maybe this can help others...

Thierry
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements