× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems increasing capacity on ReadyNAS Duo

oriordan
Aspirant

Problems increasing capacity on ReadyNAS Duo

I have an old ReadyNAS Duo which is working great, running version RAIDiator 4.1.10. I originally had a single 1TB drive. I added a second drive which had 2TB capacity to provide RAID-1 redundancy. As expected I had 1TB of capacity available. Recently the original 1TB drive started to fail so I bought a new 2TB drive. I now have 2 2TB drives (the system identifies them as such), and the RAID synchronization is complete, but the system is telling me that I still have only 1TB (actually 926GB) of space available. I've read the docs but don't know how to convince the system that I now have 2TB available. The documentation implies that the system should automatically determine that I now have more space but it obviously hasn't. I am guessing that the first 2TB drive got formatted as 1TB when I installed it. I'd appreciate if someone could provide pointers on how to do enable the full 2TB of storage space without wiping out all the TM backup data that I have for multiple machines. Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problems increasing capacity on ReadyNAS Duo

Try a reboot, wait 5-10 minutes and if expansion hasn't started reboot once more.
Message 2 of 5
oriordan
Aspirant

Thanks. Should I select "Perform volume scan on next boot" or "Check and fix quotas on next boot" or both - or just do a straight reboot?
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Just do a straight reboot
Message 4 of 5
oriordan
Aspirant

Thank you very much. That did the trick!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements