× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

READNAS Duo V1

slinkydonkey
Aspirant

READNAS Duo V1

So I moved house about a year ago since then I have reformated the disks (i think) its been a long time.

Anyway the problem is I have spent all New Years day try to get this little machine working 😞

Initally I could see it was getting an IP address of 192.168.168.168

Not that matter becuae I couldn't connect to it's admin page anyway.

Somehow I manged the device changed its IP address to 192.168.1.106

Even then I stilll couldn't connect to the admin page.

I have tried to do a completly factory re-set ..by turning off device putting a paper clip in the rear and powering on the unit..

Now that happends is that the blue powerlight is blinking at me and the 2nd hard drive light is on what the hell does that mean??

Can anyone help im going nuts here 😞

Also RAIDar knowlonger can find the device.. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: READNAS Duo V1

@slinkydonkey wrote:
 The status says currupted ...how do I uncurrupted? 

I am thinking you mean "corrupted root".

If you don't have any data on the NAS that you need to extract, the simplest thing is to start with a fresh factory install.

You can do that using the factory reset procedure in the hardware manual ( http://www.readynas.com/download/documentation/HM/Duov1_NV%2Bv1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf page 15).

Another way (which avoids the paper clip steps) is to unformat both disk drives.  If you can connect the to a windows system, you can zero the drives with the vendor diags (lifeguard for western digital, seatools for seagate).  Or right-click on "computer" and select "manage".  Scroll down to the disk manager section, right-click each "volume" on the your NAS drives and delete it.  Then reinsert the drives into the NAS and power up.

Also note that the max disk size for the duo v1 is 2 TB.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I'd start by testing the disks in a PC with the vendor diags (Lifeguard for Western Digital, or Seatool for Seagate).

Message 2 of 6
slinkydonkey
Aspirant

Ok but when RAIDer was running i think it said they where ok. 

Message 3 of 6
slinkydonkey
Aspirant

Ok so this morning it has rebooted and I can see it in RAIDer

Its got an IP address off 192.168.1.106 which I can pring but  still admin page won't work 😞

The two hard drives are showing with two green ticks.

Power light is flickering and all the green flights are flickering at the same rate as each other?

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@slinkydonkey wrote:

I am thinking you mean "corrupted root".

If you don't have any data on the NAS that you need to extract, the simplest thing is to start with a fresh factory install.

You can do that using the factory reset procedure in the hardware manual ( http://www.readynas.com/download/documentation/HM/Duov1_NV%2Bv1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf page 15).

Another way (which avoids the paper clip steps) is to unformat both disk drives.  If you can connect the to a windows system, you can zero the drives with the vendor diags (lifeguard for western digital, seatools for seagate).  Or right-click on "computer" and select "manage".  Scroll down to the disk manager section, right-click each "volume" on the your NAS drives and delete it.  Then reinsert the drives into the NAS and power up.

Also note that the max disk size for the duo v1 is 2 TB.

Message 5 of 6
slinkydonkey
Aspirant

Thanks I was lookig all over Google for the manual thanks!

In the end I followed these steps in the manual:

 To perform an OS reinstall or factory reset:
1. Power off your system.
2. Using a straightened paper clip, press and hold the Reset button.
3. Press and release the Power button to power on the system.
4. To perform an OS reinstall, continue to hold the Reset button until all Disk LEDs flash once, after about 5 seconds, and then release the button.
To perform a factory reset, continue to hold the Reset button until all Disk LEDs flash twice (once at 5 seconds and then 25 seconds later), and then release the button.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements