× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 Firmware 6.4.1 - Many errors since upgrade . No clue where to start fixing

aboatwri
Aspirant

RN102 Firmware 6.4.1 - Many errors since upgrade . No clue where to start fixing

I did a 6.4.0 upgrade to 6.4.1. I have a RN102. 

Since then I have the following issues: 

- my NAS is unbelievably slow

- when I log into the admin screen and try to browse into "Pictures" it times-out and never goes into the sub dirs

- I had Readycloud working on two android phones. (version 1.2.2). They can no longer backup as I get "Upload Failed" No permissions. 

As I can no longer get to the \Picture subdirectories, I am unable to see any permissions. 

My NAS has 2 TB disks Raid 1 with 1.7GB free. So it should not be a volume issue or? 

I do not even know where to start to try and fix. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Antoine

Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN102 Firmware 6.4.1 - Many errors since upgrade . No clue where to start fixing

Hello aboatwri,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have AntiVirus enabled? If so, please disable it and see if there is any improvement.

You might also want to try 6.4.2-T59 (Beta 1).

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
aboatwri
Aspirant

Jenn, 

thank you very much. It has definitely speeded things up when I access the files via SMB and Windows File Explorer. (Win 10)

I still have:

- the issue of denied permissions for the readycloud media backup for my phones (Android 6.0 & 5.1). Not sure where to start with that either. 

- I cannot browse into my Pictures directory or sub directory from the Browser application. I am using Chrome. I have also tried Firefox and get an unresponsive script error. 

Any thoughts? 

Thank you 

Antoine

Message 3 of 5
aboatwri
Aspirant

Update. 

I have made the permissions on the Pictures directory more restrictive and media backup now works. Odd but it works.

Still have the web admin application "browsing" time-outs issue on Chrome and Firefox.  

Thank you

Kind Regards

Antoine

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello aboatwri,

For the denied permission for ReadyCloud media backup, you might want to try disabling then re-enabling the ReadyCloud.

Can you access Pictures and all its contents when you browse it via Windows explorer instead of web browser?

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements