× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 : 6.4.1 : Unable to open folder with a large number of files

medphyll
Aspirant

RN104 : 6.4.1 : Unable to open folder with a large number of files

Hi everyone.

I have a situaton in that I cannot open a previous created folder with a large number of files stored in it.

It has at least 2000 photographs, and when I attempt to browse, the contents are never displayed.

Oddly, browsing a smaller folder with say, 1000 files, it opens right up.

I've reset the permissions with no effect and I cannot open it with RAIDar either.

Any suggestons? I'm about to reach for the paddles from the defibrillatior! 🙂

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
medphyll
Aspirant

Re: RN104 : 6.4.1 : Unable to open folder with a large number of files

Hello Stephen

I was finally able to retrieve my 3000+ files by using 'snapshot' and downloading the files to my computer!

I found a previous date where they were all visable.

I purchased a new RN204 and will move them to the new unit, as well as all of my other data.

It's much faster with more memory as well.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you opening it from file explorer (or finder); or are you using the your browser?

Most of my files are organized into smaller folders, but I do have one folder with ~3600 SFV files in it on my RN102 (running 6.4.1-T72).  That opens right away, though it takes a couple seconds to get the file count right.  I have another with slightly more than 2000 text filles which also opens right away.

If file explorer, is it set up to show tiles/icons, or just a list of file names?  If windows is needing to build thumbnails, that could take quite a while.

Message 2 of 3
medphyll
Aspirant

Hello Stephen

I was finally able to retrieve my 3000+ files by using 'snapshot' and downloading the files to my computer!

I found a previous date where they were all visable.

I purchased a new RN204 and will move them to the new unit, as well as all of my other data.

It's much faster with more memory as well.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements