× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN314 - Bond interface bond offline.

ahayes57
Tutor

RN314 - Bond interface bond offline.

Hi,

I've been getting error messages from my NAS telling me the following:

Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth0 offline.

Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth1 offline.

I am not sure what is behind this and if it is something i should be concerned about?

I am on firmware 6.9.0 and have my network cards bonded with 'Adaptive Load Balancing' using DHCP etc...
The NAS is still accessible and this appears to be an intermittent fault as I can still access the device and also have no trouble accessing my media from PLEX either but don't want to simply ignore this as I've got half my life backed up on this device...

Any advice or information is most welcome...
I am trying to avoid making any changes such as removing the bond and re-enabling it unless I have to.

Adrian
Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8
grindstr
Guide

Hi!

I get exactly the same messages. Can't see any problem and everything seems to work ok. There is no message telling this has been a temperary problem.

grindstr

Sun Nov 5 2017 3:18:44 System: Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth0 offline.
Message 2 of 8
debumitra
Tutor

I get the exactly same message. Seems to be related to the 6.9.0 upgrade as I never got this before the upgrade. Nothing else has changed in my setup:

Sun Nov 5 2017 4:16:25System: Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth1 offline
Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 3 of 8
ahayes57
Tutor

I've been on to technical with a web chat and they also believe this could be a firmware issue relating to the most recent upgrade to 6.9.0 as the most likely candidate... I am just going throught the motions of submitting logs etc...

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 4 of 8
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Message 5 of 8
QCC-Math_Dept
Aspirant

We have actually just recently seen the same issue Bond interface bond0 has slave eth1 offline, and we have already moved up to firmware version 6.9.1 which it looks by this thread is supposed to have resolved this issue. Is there anything we can do to regain this connection?

Model: RN21242E|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay
Message 6 of 8
Blues11
Luminary

RN516 - Bond interface bond offline.

FWIW, I just received the same message and I'm running 6.9.1.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 7 of 8
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RN516 - Bond interface bond offline.

phy

If it still has offline logs on 6.9.1 FW, could you please check your physically network connection,

6.9.0 and 6.9.1 add logs notification if there is offline in bonding.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements