× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN626X: Amazon S3 cloud sync switches off, gives error: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user...

MichaelWDL
Aspirant

RN626X: Amazon S3 cloud sync switches off, gives error: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user...

I began cloud back service with Backblaze following the Netgear article on how to sync with Amazon S3 and Backblaze's article on how to use ReadyNAS with Backblaze through the Amazon S3 API. The NAS was syncing but stopped the next day giving the error: "Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon S3." Afterwards it switches the Amazon API off.

How can I get my ReadyNAS 626X to properly sync and upload to Backblaze B2 cloud backup through the Amazon S3 API?

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN626X: Amazon S3 cloud sync switches off, gives error: Unauthorized. It could be invalid use...

Hi MichaelWDL

As discussed on our private message, it looks like the issue is related to the storage cap on your Amazon S3.

Jul 27 08:42:14 WilliamsNAS ng-csd[1984]: Encountered S3Error
                                          AccessDenied
                                          Cannot upload files, storage cap exceeded. See the Caps & Alerts page to increase your cap.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN626X: Amazon S3 cloud sync switches off, gives error: Unauthorized. It could be invalid use...

Hi MichaelWDL,

Welcome to the Community!

May I know the current firmware of your RN626X? Have you tried leaving and rejoining the NAS to the Amazon S3 and see if you will still get the same error message?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MichaelWDL,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
MichaelWDL
Aspirant

Hello. The firmware I'm on is 6.10.3

I've tried logging out of and rebooting the NAS as well as switching Amazon S3 to off and then back to on. The result is the same. I get that same error.

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MichaelWDL,

Can you download the NAS system logs then send it over via private message? You may upload it to a file-sharing site then send me the download link. We will check what is causing the error.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MichaelWDL

As discussed on our private message, it looks like the issue is related to the storage cap on your Amazon S3.

Jul 27 08:42:14 WilliamsNAS ng-csd[1984]: Encountered S3Error
                                          AccessDenied
                                          Cannot upload files, storage cap exceeded. See the Caps & Alerts page to increase your cap.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements