× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNAS 2120 snaphot err

_Ollie_
Aspirant

RNAS 2120 snaphot err

Hi I have a ReadyNas 2120 (4 x 3TB HDD) with multiple shared folders on it. Each shared folder is set to continuous snapshot daily with user access enabled.
All of the folders except one are creating snapshots. If I try to manualy take a snapshot of that folder it returns the error:

Error in creating a new snapshot, code 7062020000.

any advise as to how to get the snapshots working on this folder?
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: RNAS 2120 snaphot err

You could try support, they might be interested in this error. What firmware are you running?

A brute-force approach is to create a new share and copy the contents into it. Then delete the old one, and rename the new one when it completes.
Message 2 of 3
_Ollie_
Aspirant

Re: RNAS 2120 snaphot err

Well just for the sake of those also seeing this error -
suggestion from NG support was to upgrade to FW 6.1.4 (was on 6.0.8 ).
I applied the FW update from the web GUI and it made the unit go offline. it rebooted itself then attempt to access the web interface showed it as offline, the GUI was corrupted and there were no logs viewable. it didn't respond to enabling options (like enabling SSH), or shutdown commands (shares were still accessible over the network though).

NG support then suggested an OS Reinstall (reboot with reset button held in then release when LAN lights flash - however i would suggest you unplug the LAN cables as broadcast traffic also looks like flashing lights) - this accesses the boot option menu - one pattern of lights is "factory reset" (wipes all data), another pattern is "OS re-install" (doesn't wipe all data) (See page 14 http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ ... pt2013.pdf ).

The FW update then OS reinstall appear to have resolved the snapshot issue.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements