× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RND4000 cannot login to admin

Breaktime
Aspirant

RND4000 cannot login to admin

Hello, this has me in a bad spot with this drive, need the files on the drive. I cannot login to Setup in RAIDar. I can see all drives, all green. It goes to the browser but will not login. Any ideas? This happened when we changed the router. 

Thanks!!!

Model: RND4000 |ReadyNAS NV+ v1|EOL
Message 1 of 22

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime, 

I guess it is best if you contact support and avail the per incident support so they will walk you through everything and escalate if needed.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 22

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Were you using a static address?  Does the new router use a different IP address range from the old one?

If you are unsure, can you provide the IP address of the PC and the IP address of the NAS (provided by RAIDar)?

Message 2 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime,

RAIDar should show the NAS' current IP address. It should be in the same IP subnet of your router/network.

Check the IP address of your computer first, then the ReadyNAS using RAIDar or on its display screen.

For example, your computer has 192.168.3.5 and the NAS with 192.168.1.6. The 3rd octet of these 2 IP addresses should be the same, this only means that the NAS is using a static/manual IP address, if this is the case then perform OS reinstall to let the NAS network settings go back to DHCP.

But. if the RAIDar shows 192.168.168.168, this means the NAS is using it default IP address and is not getting a valid one from the network/router. You may need to check the connection, if it is connected to a switch and not directly to the router, try moving it to the router.

If the RAIDar does not show an IP address, press the power button of the NAS for just a second, the display screen should show its IP address.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Tried with and with out Static IP using the range from the IP that shows up in RAIDar. I have tried it on two diffrent networks, and with just switch connecting the PC NetGear and out to the internet through a Modem. I have also tried it on two seperate modems connecting throught two different Internet Providers, Centry Link and ATT. 

Message 4 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime,

What IP address are you seeing in the RAIDar when it is connected to the network?

@Breaktime wrote:

I have tried it on two diffrent networks, and with just switch connecting the PC NetGear and out to the internet through a Modem. I have also tried it on two seperate modems connecting throught two different Internet Providers, Centry Link and ATT.  

Do these modems have capability of broadcasting private IP address? You cannot use just a switch connected to a regular modem as the switch will not hand out LAN IP address.

You can try connecting the NAS straight to the computer instead, that means disconnecting the computer from the network for the meantime then set a static IP address that is with the same IP range of the NAS that show's up on the RAIDar.

Regards,

Message 5 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Hello Jenn,

I am leaning toward the reinstall. However I am very concerned about the data on the array. Do you have any suggestions? In this case I am overly cautious. Is there a step by step process to re load and keep the data intact?

Message 6 of 22
StephenB
Guru

Let's try one more time. What we need know is:

What specific IP address is RAIDar reporting for the NAS?  

What specific IP address are you using on the PC?

Note that 192.168.x.x addresses, 10.x.x.x addresses and 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x are private (not routable) addresses, so they are safe to post. 

Usually this problem happens when someone forgets they had configured a static IP address on the NAS when they switch routers.  There are a couple of fixes for that, but its best to confirm that is the problem first.

Message 7 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Yes I have tried to connect direct to the PC but no success that way, could not even get RAIDar to recognize the array. I used a static IP in the range.

Message 8 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime,

If you referring to OS reinstall, as long as you follow instructions how to do it, data is safe as it does not delete them.

• OS reinstall. Reinstalls the firmware from the system’s internal flash to its disks. Use the OS reinstall boot mode when the system crashes and corrupts some configuration files. OS reinstall boot mode also resets some settings on your system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to defaults.

But then again, we always strongly recommend to always have full backup. 🙂

Regards,

Message 9 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime,

As StephenB mentioned, let us know the IP address that shows up and what static IP address you assign to the computer to talk to the NAS. That is important.

Regards,

Message 10 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Okay, sorry for the confusion. The IP is 192.168.0.50, I am using 192.168.0.55. for the static IP.

Message 11 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@Breaktime wrote:

Okay, sorry for the confusion. The IP is 192.168.0.50, I am using 192.168.0.55. for the static IP.

You connected the NAS directly to the PC's ethernet port?  Did you also set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1?

If so, you should be able to at least ping the NAS.

Also, what is the address range of your new router?

Message 12 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Yes I did and I can ping it. I can see it in RAIDar. But still cannot access the device. I am open to any ideas.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime,

Please type https://nas-xx-xx-xx where last x is last 6 digits of MAC address of the NAS in the address bar of your web browser.

Or use another web browser.

Regards,
Message 14 of 22
StephenB
Guru

https://192.168.0.50/admin should of course also work.

Does entering \\192.168.0.50 in windows explorer give you the share list?

Message 15 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Says "This site can’t be reached

nas-ba-6b-1b’s server DNS address could not be found."

Message 16 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@Breaktime wrote:

Says "This site can’t be reached

nas-ba-6b-1b’s server DNS address could not be found."

And if you use the IP address?

Message 17 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Yes for both.

Seems like I never get the easy problems. 

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks for everyone’s input!!

Message 18 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@Breaktime wrote:

Yes for both.

Its a very strange message to be getting when you are connecting via IP address.  I could understand ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT but ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED makes no sense.  There is no DNS name to resolve.

What browser are you using?  Is your browser set up to use a proxy of some sort?

Message 19 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

I have tried IE10, Edge and Chrome.

Message 20 of 22
Breaktime
Aspirant

Hello, I want to say thanks to everyone for the input on this problem (Very good questions and ideas). I am thinking that the Ethernet port has an issue or it's just me and I have totally missed something and didn't give you the info you needed to properly help. Maybe running outside in my PJ's waving the array around over my head on the next full moon might help.

But really I am at a loss.

Thanks again for all your help!

Message 21 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Breaktime, 

I guess it is best if you contact support and avail the per incident support so they will walk you through everything and escalate if needed.

Regards,

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements