× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Raidar Authorization required

BrookHampton
Aspirant

Raidar Authorization required

I have made no changes to my PC or Readynas since last using Raidar. I copied the following from an old lovked thread...

1. Brought up Raidar and clicked the setup button.

2. This brought up a Security Alert window that indicated that there ‘is a problem with the site’s security certificate’. It told me the site is ‘trusted’ but it’s certificate has ‘expired or is not yet valid’ and/or that the name is ‘invalid or does not match the name of the site’. What btw is all this rhubarb about?

3. Clicked “Yes” to continue.

4. This brought up the login dialog.

5. I never got a chance to enter a password - a browser window opened with the message “ Authorization Required - This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.”

6. That’s it. Any further guesses just re-invoke this message.

7. I tried running raidar as administrator and added readynas to compatibility in Internet explorer

Windows 7 computer Raidar 4.3.8 Radiator 4.1.10

Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 9
Nhellie
Virtuoso

see if you can access the UI using http://IP_of_NAS/admin
Message 2 of 9
BrookHampton
Aspirant

I gave it a shot but it returns the same error.

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Has the certificate error in the address bar.

It never asked me for a password. Also everything works, I can access the NAS from the network and remotely even using my iphone. Just not able to get past Raidar into frontpanel .
Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

The ReadyNAS uses a self-signed certificate, instead of one signed by a certificate authority like verisign. The benefit is that self-signed certificates are free, and don't require you to apply for them (note Netgear can't get a cert for you from a certificate authority, it is something you have do for yourself). That is why you got the warning on (2). Though the specific text on "expired" is a bit odd. You should have seen something like
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

The main issue on (4) is that you needed to enter the admin credentials for the NAS. Your version of Radiator is old (released Sept 2012), and perhaps there is a browser incompatibility with IE.

Try setting the broswer to use legacy mode, and then enter https://nasipaddress/admin in the address bar of the browser and see if that helps. Or perhaps try firefox. (Use the real ip address instead of nasipaddress).
Message 4 of 9
BrookHampton
Aspirant

forgive me, legacy mode?

I understand the compatability view settings but not sure where to change to legacy...
Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Compatibility view would be what StephenB meant. Different browsers call these kinds of things different things.

As StephenB also mentioned you could alternatively try another web browser and see if you can update the firmware with that and then check using Internet Explorer again.
Message 6 of 9
BrookHampton
Aspirant

Thank you very much!!!, I was able to get in by typing the path in Chrome.

Had a shutdown I did not know about so rebooting and running a scan.

By any chance would you know if the new version of Radiator work better with Explorer 11?
Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, update to the latest firmware and you should find it works a lot better with IE11.

IE11 was released on 17 October 2013 whereas 4.1.10 was released back in July 2012. Unfortunately major IE updates generally break compatibility with the web admin interface, so a firmware update is required to address this.
Message 8 of 9
RX
Luminary
Luminary

@BrookHampton:

Here is the link where you could download the latest FW v4.1.14 for your NAS: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20684/
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements