× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready Nas Disks Not Detected Raid X Help!

jimbo320
Aspirant

Ready Nas Disks Not Detected Raid X Help!

Hi, im after a bit of advice please.
I have a readynas duo with about 700Gb on 2 2Tb disks in Raid X redundant (according to Raidar).
I turned on my nas and got the blue blinking light, under raidar it says bad disks detected.
So i removed one disk, same problem. I then removed the second disk and it was correctly recognised by windows 7, and i was informed that the volume C in Raid X was no longer redundant. A quick check revealed the correctly mounted shares visible to windows.
Am i right in assuming that if i insert another 2Tb (ive ordered another of the same drive) in the now blank bay, then the NAs will duplicate the 700Gb and im now redundant again? How long will this take?
Obviously im a little concerned as im now non redundant and want to minimise the reads /writes until everything is redundant again (i dont have a back up!!).
Also is the disk that is causing the boot failure really dead, i loaded into a hot swap windows bay and WD Diagnostics said the drive was good, but obviously i didnt do any checks as didnt want to risk damaging the disk. If the disk isnt actually dead, then i could perhaps reformat it, stick it in windows and create a third back up.
Is the NAS itself possibly damaged and am i better copying the data off while i still have the data available (bearing in mind that windows 7 file copy is dodgy most of the time).

Thanks all,
Message 1 of 2
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Ready Nas Disks Not Detected Raid X Help!

jimbo320 wrote:
Am i right in assuming that if i insert another 2Tb (ive ordered another of the same drive) in the now blank bay, then the NAs will duplicate the 700Gb and im now redundant again? How long will this take?

Once you insert the replacement 2TB disk, it should automatically proceed with the resync process in order for your data to be redundant again. It may take several hours, maybe 3-5hours.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements