× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready nas 212 with cameras

doccy
Aspirant

Ready nas 212 with cameras

I just want to link up a couple of cheap home surveilance cameras that would write to the nas when movemenbt is detected.  Should be low usage.  

The NAS only comes with 1 surveillance code and I understand this isn't being supported going on, and arcus is not for me I am sure.

With zone minder not working on netgear stuff anymore... what is my best solution for doing this cheaply and easily? 

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready nas 212 with cameras

Probably you need to find cameras that can write directly to network shares (perhaps with FTP).

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Ready nas 212 with cameras

Hopjng to not step on any toes suggesting a competing product, but I find Blue Iris running on even an older (Core2Duo or better) PC and using the NAS as a backup device for it to be hands-down better than anything that will run on an entry level NAS.  Camera limit is well beyond what most PC's can handle without any additional charge, and the list of supported cameras is huge.  Some of the newer mini PC's would likely work quite well with it, though I just used my most recently retired general purpose PC (a Core2Quad) and a KVM so i don't need a dedicated monitor, mouse, and keyboard.  Google is your friend.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements