× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyDLNA for iPhone help

mattjax05
Aspirant

ReadyDLNA for iPhone help

I've set up a readynas remote account and linked the account on my readynas ultra. I've downloaded the readydlna remote and put in my account credentials and the app sees my nas. However when I click on the server it just says 'connecting' and nothing happens. I've enabled the dlna service and this works on my LAN as my wdtv picks up the files on the nas via dlna.

Any suggestions please. I've heard bad reviews for this app so it may be that it just does not work!

Matt
Message 1 of 15
Papagaiou
Aspirant

Idem for me. it is time for Netgear engineers to wake up and provide a solution comparable to Synology.
Message 2 of 15
chirpa
Luminary

Since DLNA is working on your LAN, this is more a Remote issue.

ReadyDLNA for iOS is a confusing name. It is ReadyNAS Remote that sends DLNA broadcasts from a LAN-only packet to WAN via Remote. If it can't connect, sounds more like Remote setup issue than DLNA.
Message 3 of 15
alokeprasad
Mentor

ReadyNAS Remote on my iPhone5 connects successfully. However, when I run ReadyDLNA on my iPhone5, I can connect and see the name of my Duo (Sparc) on my iPhone. But when I tap that to access the files, the app crashes and closes.

Aloke
Message 4 of 15
linopao
Aspirant

Idem for me.
Message 5 of 15
Pierreb
Aspirant

same happens to me, the app just crash.
with the remote app i can view files and such...
Message 6 of 15
pilala
Aspirant

Same here.

Hope the galactic Force is with the support team soon.
Message 7 of 15
crspe
Aspirant

Same for me - the app never gets past "connecting..." no matter what. Using with a duo running 4.1.10.

Does the hone app work for anyone at all?
Message 8 of 15
knd2000
Aspirant

I have the same problem like crspe or pilala or ...

ReadyNAS Pro 4.2.22
Iphone/Ipad with latest APP Version and iOS6

I had the same problem with previous ReadyNAS Versions, previous iOS and App Versions
Message 9 of 15
VoojigigJlevert
Aspirant

I'm the same.... app never gets past "connecting"
ReadyNAS Remote seems to work fine but ReadyDLNA gets stuck. Seems to me to be an app issue....
For what it's worth I have NV+ V2 all up to date with versions (firmware, app, etc.)...

Any clues anyone?
Message 10 of 15
sureshcjc
Aspirant

matjax...
if had the same "connecting... and then nothing happens" problem.
found out whats the problem is,

go to services->standard file protocols
make sure HTTP is enables and the "Redirect default web access to this share:" option is selected to the "media" folder (or other folder that you shared as media)

also make sure HTTPS key is generated with the device local IP (not sure if this had an impact, but just listing)
Message 11 of 15
saintstephen11
Aspirant

sureshcjc wrote:
matjax...
if had the same "connecting... and then nothing happens" problem.
found out whats the problem is,

go to services->standard file protocols
make sure HTTP is enables and the "Redirect default web access to this share:" option is selected to the "media" folder (or other folder that you shared as media)

also make sure HTTPS key is generated with the device local IP (not sure if this had an impact, but just listing)

Good idea, but the above still did not work for me. Still spins at connecting and eventually times out.
Message 12 of 15
InTheShires
Tutor

I've never managed to get the ReadyDLNA app to work. I put it down to an old app that is no longer supported. D'oh!

Not sure I want to enable HTTP to make the app work, is that absolutely necessary? Other DLNA apps connect/stream from the RDN without needing to enable HTTP. 8Player for example, or SimpleDAAP.
Message 13 of 15
StephenB
Guru

SimpleDAAP is not dlna, it is daap (itunes protocol). 8player seems to be using http for over-the-internet requests (at least that is what I gather from the set up instructions for it and tversity).

I haven't gotten ReadyDLNA to work with ios6 either. Though it is a low-priority project for me (along with many others!). http access is enabled in my case.
Message 14 of 15
InTheShires
Tutor

StephenB wrote:
SimpleDAAP is not dlna, it is daap (itunes protocol).

Obviouslly SimpleDAAP is iTunes related, hence the DAAP part of the name. 😉 I was merely indicating the use of other apps that I've had success with.

StephenB wrote:
8player seems to be using http for over-the-internet requests (at least that is what I gather from the set up instructions for it and tversity).

I just use 8Play to stream bits of pieces over the HOME network so the family can view their bits and bobs. HTTP doesn't need enabling for that simple task. The DLNA side of appears to work ok. It works with the RDN devices, and also other DLNA devices like Media streamers and such like which it found straight OOTB

StephenB wrote:
I haven't gotten ReadyDLNA to work with ios6 either.

Not sure I ever got it working with 5 TBH, but can't remember for certain.
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements