× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 - saving my data from readynas ultra 2

brback
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 - saving my data from readynas ultra 2

I had a Readynas Ultra 2 with 2 * 2 TB disks which were mirrored. Recently the readynas ultra 2 crashed, but the disks remained intact. In hope of recovering the data I was able to borrow a Readynas 102 from a friend, and I have inserted my disks inside. After booting rn102 I could find my disks and data available at the same network shares before, but the problem was that I could no longer access it with my usual login and the web-based admin panel wasn't responding at all. This led me to reinstall the OS in hope of reseting the password. Now I am not able to find the networks share, but the admin page shows up saying the device is offline. The blue power ligt has been blinking from the start as well. I have no clue on what to do next.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do in order to save my data? 

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 - saving my data from readynas ultra 2

Trying to re-install RN102 firmware to the ultra-2 disks was a bad idea.  Contact support.

You could alternatively attempt to mount the data volume in a linux system (perhaps finding a linux live cd).

Was the ultra running OS 4.2 or OS 6?

Message 2 of 4
brback
Aspirant

I am not sure, but probably OS 4.2 (by comparing the gui's in google image search)

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@brback wrote:

I am not sure, but probably OS 4.2 (by comparing the gui's in google image search)

You'd have remembered if you'd converted it to OS 6, so you were running OS 4.2.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements