× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 104 restarts resyncing everyday multiple times

akato
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 restarts resyncing everyday multiple times

I have a ReadyNAS 104. On 7/20 it started resyncing and I cannot tell why and it never finishes. The progress is always 10% to 15% when I check it and the remaining time ranges from 30 hours to 100 hours but usually around 40 hours. It never seems to finish and it keeps restarting.  According to the log, it started resyncing twice on Thursday, twice on Friday, not on Saturday, twice on Sunday and twice this morning. I have updated the firmware to the latest version and restarted the device but there is no difference. What could be causing the resync and why does it keep restarting? Can someone point to a log file that may explain this?

Here are all the activities from today.

Mon Jul 30 2018 7:25:23 System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Mon Jul 30 2018 7:25:21 Volume: Resyncing started for Volume data.
Mon Jul 30 2018 7:25:15 System: ReadyNASOS service or process was restarted.
Mon Jul 30 2018 1:36:56 System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Mon Jul 30 2018 1:36:53 Volume: Resyncing started for Volume data.
Mon Jul 30 2018 1:36:48 System: ReadyNASOS service or process was restarted.

Thanks in advance.

Model: ReadyNAS RNR4410|ReadyNAS 1100
Message 1 of 4
DEADDEADBEEF
Apprentice

Sounds like the unit is rebooting... Perhaps power outages? hard shutdowns will force resync to reoccur

Message 2 of 4
akato
Aspirant

Thanks. But shouldn't the log show "The system is rebooting?" Or is this a forced shut down and reboot that is not recorded?

Message 3 of 4
akato
Aspirant

I just looked at auth.log and sure enough, it is showing " -- Reboot -- " entries twice a day. I also confirmed break in stats collection from the switch where this NAS is connected and the time corresponds. It appears to be a UPS or building power issue. Thanks for the pointer.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements