× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 2120 will not sync with AD - Time offset too large

TCHol95
Guide

ReadyNAS 2120 will not sync with AD - Time offset too large

ReadyNAS 2120 stopped syncing with AD.  Firmware is 6.5.  Error is "Time off set between this system and ADS server is too large", but there is no time difference.

Message 1 of 12
comando
Aspirant

Hello list, I have the same problem, when I upgrade the fireware the Ready Nas do not sync with AD, I have a temporal solution.

1-  cd /var/readynasd
2-  systemctl stop readynasd
3-  rm db.sq3
4-  net cache flush
5   sqlite3 /var/readynasd/db.sq3 'delete from "$home_folder";'
6-  systemctl start readynasd

And everything is ok, I can reboot the system and all is ok, but but, I think the ReadyNas try to sync every 12 hours, because when I loging in the web tomorrow for exmple, back the problem again, and I have to repeat the step.

Definitly somebody have a solution for this problem.........Is not easy repeat the steps every day

Message 2 of 12
TCHol95
Guide

For some reason mine started allowing access, but it still won't sync with AD, or at least the error is saying it won't.  I'll have to give your workaround a try.  I find as a rule these ReadyNAS units sometimes don't eagerly sync with AD.  Out of all of them I've set up only one has does a sync with AD without issue.

Message 3 of 12
comando
Aspirant

but there must be a solution, it is not easy every day to run the procedure

Message 4 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

Do you have the time zone set correctly on the NAS?  Maybe it somehow got changed with OS update? 

Message 5 of 12
TCHol95
Guide

Yes, the time zone is correct.  I just checked it and for whatever reason it's syncing without issue.  I changed nothing since the issue started.

Message 6 of 12
comando
Aspirant

Hello list, continuing with the problems of my NAS that does not synchronize users with active directory, is there any way to tell the NAS try not automatically synchronize at night because I have a temporary solution, but when you try to synchronize by night turns to lose everything and then you have to re-run all the steps.

Message 7 of 12
Innovalia
Aspirant

Same problem with Ready NAS 3138 and 204 and sync with Active Directory

La diferencia horaria entre este sistema y el servidor ADS es demasiado grande. Sincronizar la hora con el servidor AD.<br />Error in prep join domain

Code: La diferencia horaria entre este sistema y el servidor ADS es demasiado grande. Sincronizar la hora con el servidor AD.<br />

Datetime: 09:37:15 06/13/2016

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 8 of 12
TCHol95
Guide

I love how you get these emails from Netgear asking if you got the answer you needed.  They are interesting in that there's no option for responding with a resounding NO.

Message 9 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TCHol95 wrote:

ReadyNAS 2120 stopped syncing with AD.  Firmware is 6.5.  Error is "Time off set between this system and ADS server is too large", but there is no time difference.

Are they synced to the same time server? You should make sure that both devices are getting time from the same place. Are you still getting this error?

Message 10 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did my previous message resolve your problem?

Message 11 of 12
TCHol95
Guide

Thus far it's been ok even though I haven't change a thing.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements