× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 214 and Time Machine stopped working

HeggieAstro
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 and Time Machine stopped working

Found this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Old-Legacy/ReadNas-314-Timemachine-backups-st...

I have exactly the same problem as the above, unresolved thread. Time Machine backups were working great for months then suddenly stopped and NOTHING I try will work. I also have these specific problems in common:

• We had this set up per the installation guide and it worked great for months then suddenly stopped. Any attempt to re-start the backups complained about user credentials not matching. I reset the passwords everywhere I could find so I knew they were all the same, no help
  • If I delete the old back-up name and create a new one, Time Machine only offers the old deleted one
  • If I try to change any attribute on the ReadyNAS related to the user id that is for the Time Machine backup, I get this error: "Could not save user info."

Any help MUCH appreciated!

Stuart

Message 1 of 6
HeggieAstro
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 214 and Time Machine stopped working

So ... no replies which is okay - but I wanted to report back that I ended up hitting the Factory Defaults button via the web browser interface and then just started from scratch. Now both Macbooks are backing up reliably. Will turn my attention to the three PCs that need to be restarted.

Anyway, if there was a more artful solution I missed it but a factory reset was what ended up working for me.

Stuart

Message 2 of 6
bubu
Aspirant

I have same issue for us and our mac pro we can't save with Time Machine since last firmware.

Message 3 of 6
HeggieAstro
Aspirant

Laurent, maybe do what we did - delete everything and reset the NAS to factory defaults and start over. All our PCs and Macs are backing up without incident since we did that. Including through multiple power outages.

Stuart

Message 4 of 6
bubu
Aspirant

But I have more 5To data on NAS then If I reset factory restore external backup will take long time.

then would prefer other solution before if existing.

Message 5 of 6
HeggieAstro
Aspirant

I feel your pain. I don't have a better answer alas. Sorry.

Stuart

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements