× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3100 goes offline after a couple of days

AnyL
Follower

ReadyNAS 3100 goes offline after a couple of days

Hi,

One of our clients has a ReadyNAS 3100 with firmware RAIDiator 4.2.28.

It has been working fine until a couple of weeks ago when we change Cisco switches by HP ProCurve switches. At that time we noticed that the NAS wanted to reboot because of a pending update, so we rebooted. I don't know if that update is the cause though.

Since then the NAS has gone 'offline' 3 times. First 2 times we did manage to login but GUI was terribly slow and the shares (SMB and iSCSI) were unavailable. Rebooting the NAS fixed the problem. Today it went offline entirely. The NAS didn't even reply to pings anymore. We had to unplug the power and boot it up again to get everything working again.

At the moment we only have one NIC connected. I have scheduled an appointment with the client to connect and configure the 2nd NIC next week. And I want to try putting it in a trunk anyways.

The logs show no errors.

Does anyone have an idea what may be going on?

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 3100 goes offline after a couple of days

Netgear support is of course one option.

If you have ssh enabled (or are willing to enable it), I'd look at the fullness of the OS partition. Your symptoms are often an early sign that the OS partition is becoming too full.  The relevant commands are

cd //

df . -h

df . -i

The first df tells you the free space, the second the number of free inodes.

I wouldn't attempt to download the logs, because the process includes making a temporary zip file on the OS partition - which can make the problem much worse.  

You could attempt to delete all logs (system and backup) from the web ui, and see if the problem disappears.  If it does, I'd still recommend checking with ssh.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements