× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3138 has error message Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth3 offline

Skaigh
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 3138 has error message Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth3 offline

After a firmware update to 6.9.0  I received and error message saying

Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth3 offline. I then updated the firmware to 6.9.1 but am still getting the same error message.

Extract from logs attached.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 3138 has error message Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth3 offline

Hi @Skaigh

It should be resolved but it would be better to make sure that all connections are working.

Kindly let me know if it indeed is the cause of the problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 3138 has error message Bond interface bond0 has slave interface eth3 offline

HI @Skaigh

Welcome to the community!

Have you checked your physical connections? It should have been resolved through 6.9.1 update.

Kindly provide us a link to the full logs if possible. Many thanks!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Skaigh
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reply. I have checked the physical connections and I think I have found the problem.

Someone had removed the eth 0 plug from the NAS drive! But becuase our server cabinate is on the wall, high up, it was very difficult to see.

I will check the logs again tomorrow just to ensure this has been resolved.

Many thanks

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Skaigh

It should be resolved but it would be better to make sure that all connections are working.

Kindly let me know if it indeed is the cause of the problem.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Skaigh
Aspirant

Hi All,

Yes problem solved. Not sure why the error message did not come up before the update as I guess the 4th ethernet cable had been unplugged for some time.

Many thanks for all your help. We are error message free!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements