× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 4220 with 6.8.1 - Slow File Access with 100% Swap Usage

GhostEvo
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 4220 with 6.8.1 - Slow File Access with 100% Swap Usage

Just wondering if anyone has experienced slow downs and 100% swap usage on a ReadyNAS with 6.8.1 on it.  When I try and access a file from the storage array within windows or OSX it is very, very slow.  I saw that the swap was an issue with 6.9, but I'm not running a beta.

Admin page disconnects and reconnects intermittantly as well.  Antivirus is off and status is healthy in RAIDar.

Thank you for reading and any help!

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 1 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello GhostEvo,

The issue false swap usage error report in diagnostics is fix on the 6.9.0 it is just false swap usage report it has nothing to do with the performance problem you are encountering. As for OSX issue you may try to enable the Enhance MAC OS under the SMB setting. Are you encountering the slow connection from wired or wireless or both?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
GhostEvo
Aspirant

Marty,

I wanted to reply and say thank you for taking the time to try and help.  It's good to know about the false readings on the 100% swap usage.  As far as the performance issue I was having, after trying sevearl things and exhausting everything else, I did a OS reinstall and it solved the performance issue.  Apparently something was causing an issue there.

Thanks again for reoplying, I appreciate it.  Have a great day!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements