× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.2.2 Freezes on RN314

Retired_Member
Not applicable

ReadyNAS 6.2.2 Freezes on RN314

Another thread in regards to 6.2.2 freezing my ReadyNAS box. I am unable to do anything after rebooting the unit. It works for a few minutes and then freezes and stalls. I can login to the admin panel, but nothing is able to be done. Everything just spins round and round. Even trying to access the files on the server is a nightmare. It takes about 10 minutes just to open.

HOW TO FIX:

I downloaded 6.2.0 and performed a downgrade. Whala! Everything is working perfect 🙂 I've had this box since February 2014, and never had issues with it until now. I can't believe Netgear hasn't pulled this firmware yet? They really need to do further testing before releasing broken products.

Anyway, I'm glad the downgrade worked. I suggest others do the same if you're having issues with 6.2.2.
Message 1 of 9
damob1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 6.2.2 Freezes on RN314

HI do you have instructions on downgrading ? thanks 🙂
Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

1.) You just have to download the firmware here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26042/~/readynas-os-version-6.2.0

2.) Shutdown your ReadyNAS completely.

3.) Turn your ReadyNAS back on.

4.) Login to your ReadNAS admin control panel. Upload the firmware and follow the instructions to finish the install.
Message 3 of 9
damob1
Aspirant

legend thanks
Message 4 of 9
NetworkedinPA
Aspirant

Is 6.2.2 unstable with RN300's?

My 316 is due to arrive today, wondering if I should skip the automatic fw upgrade?
Message 5 of 9
Nhellie
Virtuoso

NetworkedinPA wrote:

My 316 is due to arrive today, wondering if I should skip the automatic fw upgrade?

I have seen some posts, regarding issues when uninstalling apps and losing the access to admin UI. But that's about it. I'm pretty sure there will be a beta FW or newer FW that will come out to address those issues.
Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

NetworkedinPA wrote:

I am actually still having issues even after downgrading. I am advising everyone to NOT upgrade if you haven't already.

NETGEAR NEEDS TO PULL THE 6.2.X FIRMWARE! IT IS NOT STABLE AND TOO MANY CUSTOMERS ARE EXPERIENCING ISSUES!
Message 7 of 9
NetworkedinPA
Aspirant

I appreciate the quick replies.

The 316 arrived, loaded it up and powered on. It had FW 6.1.8 and the ReadyCloud setup didn't have an option I saw not to upgrade or to select another version (ie 6.1.9).

So it is now 6.2.2 and chugging away at the 4 WD40EFRX drives in RAID6 XRAID2 configuration. (Thanks rovingmedic for the step by step to save many hours on this setup!)

Since this is a new setup, no data loss on upgrade to worry about. Just don't *remove* any apps, right?

BTW, any tests someone wants me to run before I put data on it, I am willing to listen to requests if it helps troubleshoot these FW problems.
Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you still have issues on 6.2.3 Beta 1?: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=78866
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements