× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Admin Page Offline

prcist
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Admin Page Offline

When attempting to connect to the admin page I get a message that ReadyNAS Page is Offline and it suggests a few possible causes and solutions.My issue first started when it would wllow me to connect to the admin page but it said that the Device was not found. I followed the suggestions found on these forums and restarted the device from the admin page and now I cannot connect to the admin page at all. The network shares are still working and still accessible but I can't manage the device now. The three solutions it suggests are to reconnect to the readynas or to download RAIDAR utility to troubleshoot or to get help online. I have not performed any upgrades or updates to the system. These issues started out of the blue. I have not ran RAIDAR, instead I chose to seek help from these support forums first.

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi prcist,

Try using HTTPor HTTPS and see if it helps. We need to get more information about your system, I suggest you use the RAIDar utility to download the logs and to know which FW your unit is on. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
prcist
Aspirant

When say "Try using HTTP or HTTPS" are you referring to simply typing https://192.168.5.112 in the address bar in an attempt to get to the admin page? If so that is the standard method of how we connect and I have tried using both HTTPS and HTTP in the address bar.

The RAIDAR  utility is not proving to be any help. After running RAIDAR it does show my device and it lists the model, name serial, status, firmware, IP address and the drives that are connected. The only thing of value it tells me is the staus which is "Management service is offline". I cannot connect to the admin page through the RAIDAR GUI nor can I download the logs because it sits on the screen showing "Downloading Progress 0%  Connecting to ReadyNAS" before it eventually fails. When I click the Diagnostics button in the RAIDAR util it shows a screen that says "Successfully completed diagnostics" then below that heading it lists System and Logs with no data at all in the window. Next suggestion?

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@prcist wrote:

When say "Try using HTTP or HTTPS" are you referring to simply typing https://192.168.5.112 in the address bar in an attempt to get to the admin page?

Yes, or avoid the redirect with https://192.168.5.112/admin

@prcist wrote:

Next suggestion?

What firmware are you running?  Was this perhaps related to a firmware upgrade?

If this was purchased after June 1 2014 from authorized reseller, I'd suggest using your lifetime chat support (support.netgear.com)

Message 4 of 7
prcist
Aspirant

Thanks for the speedy replies and the help.

Yes, or avoid the redirect with https://192.168.5.112/admin:

We try to avoid the redirect and it doesn't work.

What firmware are you running?  Was this perhaps related to a firmware upgrade?:

We are running firmware 6.2.4

At first I could get to the Admin page but the original issue was that we couldn't connect to the device. It was suggested that a frimware upgrade would help that issue but after attempting to upgrade the firware upgrade now we can't get to the admin page.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

chat support is probably the fastest way forward (assuming you are the original purchaser, it should be free).

Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi prcist,

Were there any indication or notification that you are having a volume problem or failing drive/s prior upgrading the Firmware? Aside from chat support, you can get in touch with our support team through email or phone but it will be fee-based. By the way, do you have a backup of your data?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements