× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS DUO OS Reinstall cannot see data

TonyLush
Aspirant

ReadyNAS DUO OS Reinstall cannot see data

Our Duo V1 had a fixed IP address that became defunct when the router was replaced. I did an OS Reinstall (paper click on the reset button and single flash of the lights), and I allowed the firmware to update to 4.1.14.

Now I am told we have no data. There was no way to back up until the machine could see the network...

Is all that data gone?

Thank you -- Tony

Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you do an OS Re-install or a factory default?

Only a factory default would wipe the data on the NAS.

So you have no backup?

Message 2 of 5
TonyLush
Aspirant

OS reinstall, single blink of the lights, but users, groups etc. are all gone.

No data that I can see.

I have no backup because the machine was inaccessable without changing the IP address, which could only be done with the OS reinstall...

Sounds like I am starting from scratch.

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The first blink would occur after about 5 seconds. After about 30 seconds the second blink of the disk LEDs would occur. It sounds like you probably didn't notice the first blink and left the reset button pressed in for the second blink.

After a factory default is selected some disk checks are run and then there is a 10 minute countdown during which you can open RAIDar, click setup and choose your RAID choice and confirm your choice to proceed straight away or power down by unplugging the power to abort. After the 10 minutes is up if you do nothing it will choose the RAID mode you chose last time (X-RAID or Flex-RAID) and proceed to wipe the disks.

Message 4 of 5
TonyLush
Aspirant

As I was very concerned about the time between first and second blinks, which I didn't see documented anywhere, so I was very cautious about how quickly I released the reset button -- about 6 seconds after restart and immediately after the first blink.

That said, my data must be toast and I will proceed from here.

Thank you for your efforts.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements