× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS DUO not showing shares after disk failure, data usage still shows data is not wiped

Krisztian
Aspirant

ReadyNAS DUO not showing shares after disk failure, data usage still shows data is not wiped

Hi all,

I had disk #1  failed another day and managed to resync the array with a spare disk but unfortunately the shares have disappeared, they won't show in admin web gui. The share is not accessible from other computers either.

running df -h in ssh shows that the data volume is still there.

Krisztian_0-1677994784495.png

root@NAS2:/dev# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 10M 4.0K 10M 1% /dev
/dev/md0 4.0G 834M 2.9G 23% /
tmpfs 993M 0 993M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 993M 3.6M 989M 1% /run
tmpfs 497M 1.4M 495M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 993M 0 993M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/md127 5.5T 3.8T 1.7T 69% /VOL1

How can I restore the previous state of the share on the ReadyNAS so it shows up again? running latest firmware 6.10.8

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS DUO not showing shares after disk failure, data usage still shows data is not wiped

FWIW, you don't have a Duo (you must either have a 2-bay OS NAS, or a converted Ultra-2 or Pro-2). Fortunately you provided enough info to let us know the model was wrong.

@Krisztian wrote:

How can I restore the previous state of the share on the ReadyNAS so it shows up again? running latest firmware 6.10.8

No idea how that happened, but there is a repair script you can try.  

This was written by a Netgear developer for support use some years ago.  Unfortunately, the last time I checked the certificate had expired.

However, you can still run it using these steps:

# cd //
# wget --no-check-certificate https://gitlab.codycook.us/readynas-scripts/share_lun_ui_fix.sh/raw/master/share_lun_ui_fix.sh
# chmod +x ./share_lun_ui_fix.sh
# ./share_lun_ui_fix.sh

make sure you are logged in as root (using the NAS admin utility).

Message 2 of 3
Krisztian
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen for the reply. Yeah you right, I messed up the model, it is a RN31400, sorry about that.
I've run a disk Scrub and that seemed to restored the missing share for me, but I will definitelly save that script for another day.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements