× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID] RND4210 v3 unable to browse to NAS files.

Flockhammer
Tutor

ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID] RND4210 v3 unable to browse to NAS files.

Ive been unable to browse to my NAS for a while now and while I did think it was something to do with my home network that has been sworted out. I can still FTP via a client but I cant get the drives to show under my PCs network for anything. Ive confirmed the Workgroup is the same on both PCs and the NAS but I still can not get it to show up. Also to note that the media server on the NAS is working fine. All smart devices can see and access the media files I have shared no issue, its only the PCs that are having the issue. 

Model: ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID]

Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.16 [1.00a043]

PC running Windows 10 latest update. 

single subnet LAN environment.

firewall wide on LAN side. 

Model: RND4210|ReadyNAS NV+ 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Flockhammer

Welcome to the Community!

Was this working before on your Windows10? It might be possible that SMB1 has been disabled after you updated your OS. Try checking if it has been disabled and re-enable it if needed. Your legacy NAS is running on SMB1 and Windows has disabled it due to security reasons. Updating to a newer model NAS is needed if you want to get newer SMB versions.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Flockhammer

Welcome to the Community!

Was this working before on your Windows10? It might be possible that SMB1 has been disabled after you updated your OS. Try checking if it has been disabled and re-enable it if needed. Your legacy NAS is running on SMB1 and Windows has disabled it due to security reasons. Updating to a newer model NAS is needed if you want to get newer SMB versions.

HTH

Message 2 of 4
Flockhammer
Tutor

Yes it was working fine before an update. Anyother suggestions on how to get file access setup like it was before without the SMB1? Im enabling it now to see if that's the issue but upgrading NAS is not an option at this time. I just needs this thing to work. 

Message 3 of 4
Flockhammer
Tutor

Worked like a charm. Now all my network devices are showing up as they where before. Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements