× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ boots then disappears from network

erick_thompson
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ boots then disappears from network

I few days ago I got an email that one of the drives in my NV+ had an increasing number of errors, and that it might be failing.

Since that time, I have had an issue where the NV+ will boot correct, and it will be visible from the network (shares, admin page, etc). After 10-20 minutes, the NV+ will disappear from the network. The IP address of the unit no longer responds to pings, the admin interface doesn't work (as the IP address is invalid), the name doesn't appear on the network, etc. It is like the network interface goes down. The only way it will be visible on the network again is if I unplug the unit and plug it back in.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions on how to fix it? At this point, if I can just get my data off the unit I will be happy.

Thanks!
Erick
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ boots then disappears from network

How many drives and which drive was throwing the error messages?

Do you remember what the errors were?
Message 2 of 3
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ boots then disappears from network

Hello,

If it is a drive issue you can test each drive with the manufacturers tools to verify which one is causing the issue. Make sure there is not a duplicate IP address on the network, try to ping the IP address when the ReadyNAS is turned off (I know, simple, but I have seen it happen). You can use the link in my signature to open an online case with support if you continue to have issues.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements