× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ locking HDD

nuraz
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ locking HDD

ReadyNAS locked my 4 HDD now as I try to Factory reset them. Can anyone help please. I have tried to 

1. have them all in the Bay and factory reset.

2. Try one at a time and Factory reset.

3. Tries to erase them

4. Tried a new 500GB WD that was working on another machine, thats even got stuck in Intializing HDD.

Can yo someone help please. 

Model: ReadyNAS RND4210|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ locking HDD

Hello nuraz,

Were you doing the factory reset from the boot menu? When you perform factory reset while disks are inserted to the NAS, this will format the disks.

The ReadyNAS NV+ display screen should show that factory reset is in progress. Once it is done, it will build the volume, use RAIDar to have it setup.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

It appears that all of the drives you have tried have data on them.  If you can, attach one to a computer via SATA or a USB dock and delete all the parrtitions, then try again.

Message 2 of 6
nuraz
Aspirant

Last drive I tried was formatted on a PC using usb Sata adapter. It was empty. Now I only connected the drive to ReadyNAS, still says intializing since 1 hr. Can't even go to Admin page.

Message 3 of 6
nuraz
Aspirant

Also can't even connect via SSH. Says connection refused. Using port 22?

What might have happned is that NAS drive lost power while I was erasing 3x1TB HDD. How long XRAID taked to build though? 

Below is what I see in RaidAR

2017-05-15 23_08_18-Clipboard.png

Message 4 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nuraz,

Were you doing the factory reset from the boot menu? When you perform factory reset while disks are inserted to the NAS, this will format the disks.

The ReadyNAS NV+ display screen should show that factory reset is in progress. Once it is done, it will build the volume, use RAIDar to have it setup.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
nuraz
Aspirant

Hello 

thank you for your reply. 

Its now sorted. I left all 3 disks to be formatted over night and it indeed worrked. Was just confused on How long this would take. I think this where everybody is confused. 

It takes substantial amount of time to format several types, like 8-12 hours. just needs to be a bit patience. thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements