× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot up LED pattern undocumented?

turls
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot up LED pattern undocumented?

I can't find this anywhere in my searches.

NV+ has been powered down for a few months until I had time to deal with a dead drive. I've tested all drives and only one is bad. Now when I try to bring it up, I get:

Power light briefly lights
Almost immediately the disk LEDs cycle back and forth and don't ever stop. LED display is blank.
When I say back and forth, LED 1 and 2 come on together, then it blinks over to LED 3 and 4 on together. Back and forth indefinitely.

Replacing the dead drive doesn't help.

Don't want to repair/replace the NV+, moving the disks to a current one isn't an option without losing data, and scared to put the degraded array in my old original ReadyNAS 600.

I just want to get this up long enough to pull the data off and retire from ReadyNAS or move to a newer model. HELP!
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot up LED pattern undocumented?

Is this what you are looking for: http://www.readynas.com/download/docume ... AS-LED.pdf

Looks to me like it might be a memory test failure. Maybe try reseating the memory.
Message 2 of 3
turls
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v1 Boot up LED pattern undocumented?

That document looks familiar, but I'm going on 10 years with ReadyNAS so no wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements