× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 2 - access from Windows PC without using SMB 1

AVoelp
Tutor

ReadyNAS Pro 2 - access from Windows PC without using SMB 1

I have an old ReadyNAS Pro 2 running RAIDiator 4.2.31. Is it possible to access the shares on the ReadyNAS from a Windows PC using Explorer without activating SMB 1? Can the shares be included as network drives using another of the unit's protocols?

Thanks, Andreas

Model: RNDP2000|ReadyNAS Pro 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 2 - access from Windows PC without using SMB 1

@AVoelp wrote:

I have an old ReadyNAS Pro 2 running RAIDiator 4.2.31. Is it possible to access the shares on the ReadyNAS from a Windows PC using Explorer without activating SMB 1? Can the shares be included as network drives using another of the unit's protocols?

NFS can also be enabled on the Pro-2 and is available for many versions of Windows 10. But its not more secure than SMB 1.

Perhaps a better option is to convert the Pro-2 to OS 6.  If you do that, you should also upgrade the RAM to 2 GB.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 2 - access from Windows PC without using SMB 1

@AVoelp wrote:

NFS can also be enabled on the Pro-2 and is available for many versions of Windows 10. But its not more secure than SMB 1.

Perhaps a better option is to convert the Pro-2 to OS 6.  If you do that, you should also upgrade the RAM to 2 GB.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements