× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6 general protection fault: 0000 [#2] SMP

ninjasniper85_
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 general protection fault: 0000 [#2] SMP

@Sandsharksaid

"

That's a Pro Business Edition (ProBE), then, not a Pro6.  Pro6 models are -200's.  Same motherboard, different processor.  Though, of course, you've updated yours, anyway.

With that BIOS version, I'm surprised your NAS is booting at all.  I have always believed that the fastest processor that can be used with that old version of the BIOS is an E6600.  I guess I was mistaken that it won't boot with a faster processor, but I do suspect that has a lot to do with your problems.

Frankly, the easiest way to update the bios is to use a spare drive in place of your current drive set to convert the unit back to RAIDiator 4.2.x, then use the Bios update add-on, then revert back to OS6.  That was true even before Debian Jessie became unsupported and you could still easily get the necessary tools to manually update using apt."

cause my 10/03/2008 FLAME6-MB V1.6 BIOS is this

@StephenB 

well did the Ram testing i don't know if it still hardware issues cause of one the ram last 14+ days and the other last it 5 hours
My thinking process is getting new/second hand ram stick and test them or just updating the bios cause that the longest i seen it run for awhile

if they like a instructions on downgrading back to 4.2 video about it would be great

Message 76 of 77
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 general protection fault: 0000 [#2] SMP

@ninjasniper85_ wrote:

if they like a instructions on downgrading back to 4.2 video about it would be great

Netgear doesn't support OS-6 conversion, so no videos on this topic from them.

However,  there is a downgrade image you can manually install, and reboot.  After that you need to do a factory default using the boot menu.

See

Message 77 of 77
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 76 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements