× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 600 no access after firmware update

karex
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 600 no access after firmware update

Hi all, I have a problem with my ReadyNAS Pro 600 Business. I made ​​an update from 4.2.21 to 4.2.22. I have my ReadyNAS in special state. I can log in to admin interface, but all shares are disabled and I can't switch to enable. I can't to connect to shared folders to backup my data. I can browse settings, but not save any changes. All plugins are disable too. My SSH root access doesn't work.
I need to backup data, but I don't know how? Some idea? Thanks, Karel
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 600 no access after firmware update

Sounds like your 4GB OS partition is probably full. You could open an online support case (see Online Submission link in my sig) and post your case number.
Message 2 of 8
cloud1
Aspirant

If it's emergency, you can try use admin user to access share via smb and backup them.
Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

cloud wrote:
If it's emergency, you can try use admin user to access share via smb and backup them.

The user can't do that with the NAS in this state. Have another look at the first post in the thread.
Message 4 of 8
karex
Aspirant

That's right, I have 3TB of data on the ReadyNAS. Hard discs are OK, but I can't to share or backup it.
Message 5 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Were you able to reach Tech Support to look into the issue?
Message 6 of 8
kossboss
Guide

The symptoms point to full OS please immediately call support and a telnet expert like myself will clear your OS out - it doesnt hurt the data.
You will need to accept the remote access policy and also get your nas in telnet mode so you can do the telnet mode right now to save time of doing it - http://www.kossboss.com/rnasbootmenu
follow the link to your nas version and follow instructions to do telnet/techsupport mode.
Cheers
Message 7 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Seeing as karex joined the forums in June 2011, probably when they bought the system, they are well past the free 90 days phone support. You should direct them to the online ticket submission instead. Firmware updates causing system errors should not cause a customer to pay $$ to talk to an agent.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements