× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Remote Remote Management ID

src_it
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Remote Remote Management ID

I believe this question might go to Cap1.

I have changed the hostname under global settings to a new name as it has been redeployed however the ID in the remote management page has not altered.  This is the detail created AS Hostname _ MAC.  I would like instruction in how to alter this.  New host name shows up in ReadyNas Remote PC & Tablet Programs/Apps.  I also deleted and recreated my RNR accounts but thinking a clean sweep might be required.  No success (although RNR sees my NAS(s).

Any help appreciated.

Colin

Message 1 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi src_it,

Can you post some before and after screenshots? Also, what kind of ReadyNAS are you using? and which Firmware is running?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
src_it
Aspirant

Its a Duo v1 running RAIDiator 4.1.14 [1.00a043] 

In the snapshot below the host name is lets say "NEWNAME" I have removed for privacy reasons   The workgroup was NET1 before I removed itScreengrab1.jpg

In the Device ID the name thjat should appear is "NEWNAME-MAC Code", however it still remains "OLDNAME-MAC".  How do I change this to reflect the NEWNAME ? 

Screengrab2.jpg

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello src_it,

Have you tried removing ReadyNAS Remote add-on then re-add it?

Device ID value is empty by default, when you change the hostname of the NAS, it should automatically change to <hostname>_MAC.

If you still get the same problem after removing and re-adding, it may be best you contact support and avail per incident support service as this may need escalation. Cap1 can also be PM'd about this.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
src_it
Aspirant

Thanks for suggestion, tried this with reboots between stages however on reinstallation and connection to the RNR host the original ID returns.  Gather cap1 has moved on and left netgear (response to first note about this problem).  Might be a factory reset however will need to wait until I am local to equipment (although do also have VPN access from one location.  Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Message 5 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello src_it,

Not sure if mdgm can do this.

But as of now your best option is contacting support, I can't reach cap1 too anymore.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements