× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS duo v1 not found in RAIdar and no set up option when accessing NAS

Malc-C
Aspirant

ReadyNAS duo v1 not found in RAIdar and no set up option when accessing NAS

Hi guys,

I took a punt and purchased a ReadyNAS duo listed on e-bay.  It came without any docs or software so I searched the net and found a lot of info, but I'm still not sure what I need to do to access the device.

I installed a 1TB drive (will add a second 1TB drive later once I know this is fully working), and performed a factory reset according to the instructions by holding in the reset button, powering on and holding down the reset until the disk lights flashed twice.  After 20 minutes the blue power light stopped flashing, the disk light went solid and the fan rampped down to a tick over.  I launched RAIDar and after a short scan it reported that it cannot find any netgear storage on the network.

I opened up my router and checked the list of connected devices and it showed the NAS on the network, with the MAC address and an IP on the same network (192.168.1.114).  I opened up windows explorer (I'm running windows 10 pro) and the NAS is visible, and I can brows the shares and add new folders.  I then opened chrome browser and entered the IP address and was greeted with the login window.  Entered admin and netgear1 and it loaded a page with "my shares" which was blank staing no shares currently accesable, and a password tab where I could change the defatlt password.

Can anyone suggets things I need to do in order to set up the NAS and be able to get RAIDar to find the device and allow me to get the full benefit of the system.

Thanks

Malcolm 

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Enter https://192.168.1.114/admin to access the web admin ui.

Message 2 of 4
Malc-C
Aspirant

OK, I've made some progress.  I installed RAIDar 4.8.3 and it detects the NAS, but when I run set up I get 

[quote]

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.1.114 doesn't adhere to security standards.

ERR_SSL_SERVER_CERT_BAD_FORMAT
 [/quote]
I've accepted any certificate messages that pop up.
I also get the same when I enter the URL suggested in the post above

In the RAIDar software clicking BROWSE brings up windows explorer and shows the four default folders (C:, backup, home and media) - The LOCATE both disk leds flash.

Seems we're getting there, but something is still not quite right
Message 3 of 4
Malc-C
Aspirant

Ok, used  a different browser - firefox and added the excetion and managed to get the set up wizard.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements