× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS making too many list bucket requests suddenly

echabbadon
Follower

ReadyNAS making too many list bucket requests suddenly

image.png

On March 17/18th with no other change my AWS S3 costs went up nearly 750%, charging me nearly $30 where before it was charging only $5.  I looked at it is because my ReadyNAS server is incurring tremendous cost suddenly with the ListBucket API with no other changes.

These seems like a regression in the S3 sync plugin, and will end up costing me $300-$500 just this year alone.

Message 1 of 3
olicuk
Guide

Re: ReadyNAS making too many list bucket requests suddenly

Hi @echabbadon, are you still having this issue with excessing download bandwidth usage and/or bucket requests on S3 backups?  Sounds the same as @rengler and I have also posted about in this thread:

@OOM-9offered to look at rengler's issue but it doesn't look like that happened, and I don't know if anyone else from Netgear has picked this up or can comment?  @Marc_V @mdgm-ntgr 

Any more info required, please let us know.   Since my post 5 days ago, my outgoing (download) bandwidth usage for the month to date has gone up from 37.1GB to 62.5GB already.... and this is configured to sync only one way from my ReadyNAS to S3!!  Something is very wrong.

Thanks very much
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS making too many list bucket requests suddenly

@OOM-9 posted a suggestion in that thread. Are you able to try it?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements