× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas-104 Hang every few days

voidness
Guide

ReadyNas-104 Hang every few days

I think since I upgraded a few firmware back my NAS started to hang, when this happen the light is on but its not responding, I cant event ping. Often if I just pull out the network cable then it would just shutdown, and then i would replug the network cable and turn it back on again. 

Today it hang again, and on the front panel it said data Degraded, so I had to unplug and start manually as usual, once its up, all of my data seem to be fine, and hdds performance are all green.

Are you able to help and find out what's going on, the current system logs setting doesnt seems to say much 

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas-104 Hang every few days

Hello voidness,

Please see this article how to view ATA errors: ReadyNAS: Reallocated sector errors increasing on disk(s)

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you download the logs and send the zip file (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

There are plenty of logs in the logs zip downloaded.

Message 2 of 9
voidness
Guide

log sent. let me know if you need anything else

Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your disks may be failing. They all have ATA errors.

Message 4 of 9
voidness
Guide

all of the disks ? can you show me the logs  ? thanks

Message 5 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello voidness,

Please see this article how to view ATA errors: ReadyNAS: Reallocated sector errors increasing on disk(s)

Regards,

Message 6 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello voidness,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 9
voidness
Guide

Hi JennC

I am not sure if I am convinced that the ATA errors on the drive fully explains the following issues:

• the constant lockup
  • removing the ethernet cable resulting in the device shutting itself down (like a lost power). 

However an error is an error and I will look to replace the drives, thank you for the investigation. 

Cheers,

Dinh

Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well you could try powering down, removing your disks (label order) and putting a known good scratch disk in the NAS and testing with that.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements