× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 1500 no access, blank model and firmware in RAIDar

SamBInfo
Tutor

ReadyNas 1500 no access, blank model and firmware in RAIDar

Hi there, got an old 1500 (RNRx441E-100AJS) that's not letting me access it, it's also not getting DHCP.

I've looked through the forums, and it sounds like maybe I have a corrupt file in the onboard flash?

Raidar image below:

SamBInfo_0-1676586851522.png

Raidar used to show 'corrupt root' until I pulled the disks out.

Anyone got any ideas? I can telnet into it if I boot it in tech-support mode.

-Sam

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@SamBInfo wrote:

Hi there, got an old 1500 (RNRx441E-100AJS) that's not letting me access it, it's also not getting DHCP.

I've looked through the forums, and it sounds like maybe I have a corrupt file in the onboard flash?

It doesn't look like a flash problem to me, it appears to be disk related.  Note the NAS boots from the disks - generally from the first disk it finds.  Corrupt root can sometimes be fixed with an OS reinstall.  Though it would be good to test the disks with vendor tools (particularly disk 1).

I'd wait on the DHCP issue untill after the disk problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@SamBInfo wrote:

It doesn't look like a flash problem to me, it appears to be disk related.  Note the NAS boots from the disks - generally from the first disk it finds.  Corrupt root can sometimes be fixed with an OS reinstall.  Though it would be good to test the disks with vendor tools (particularly disk 1).

I'd wait on the DHCP issue untill after the disk problem is resolved.

Message 2 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

The lack of a model number could be from a corrupted VPD file in flash, but it's too soon to tell.  First try installing at least one drive and let it install the OS on it, as @StephenB suggested.

Message 3 of 6
SamBInfo
Tutor

Thanks very much for the advice, so far so good, it's on "Installing" and shows a model number.

SamBInfo_0-1676842670539.png

Message 4 of 6
SamBInfo
Tutor

Fantastic, running and healthy.

Now I just need to find a browser that will let me connect to older ssl cypers 😕
(firefox gives SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION).

SamBInfo_0-1676843206895.png

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@SamBInfo wrote:

Now I just need to find a browser that will let me connect to older ssl cypers 😕
(firefox gives SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION).

See this:

At the end there is a setting for current firefox to allow TLS 1.0 connections.  The security implications are of course up to you to sort out.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements