× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 202 will not power on

terrapin893
Aspirant

ReadyNas 202 will not power on

As of today, it seems that my ReadyNas 202 will not power on.  I've tested it at several known working wall plugs and it is not powering on at all.  My 90 days complimentary support ended earlier this month, and I've submitted a ticket through the support system but haven't gotten any sort of confirmation email and the mynetgear support interface does not show the ticket.  

What are my options here?  Is it possible the power supply is bad and I can just pick up another one?  Could I possibly get another ReadyNas 202 unit and recover my original Raid1 array? 

Model: RN20200|2BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 202 will not power on

The hardware is still under warranty.

Try removing the disk, and turning on the NAS.  Lights should light, and RAIDar should see it.  If neither happen, then you have failed hardware, and they should send you an RMA.

Try again on the support ticket - it looks like something might have gone wrong there.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The hardware is still under warranty.

Try removing the disk, and turning on the NAS.  Lights should light, and RAIDar should see it.  If neither happen, then you have failed hardware, and they should send you an RMA.

Try again on the support ticket - it looks like something might have gone wrong there.

Message 2 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi terrapin893,

Welcome to the community!

Support should still perform hardware check to know if this is a chassis or drive problem. For the meantime, give StephenB's suggestion a try and update this thread.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
terrapin893
Aspirant

Thank you both for the suggestions.  I did try to remove both drives from the device and it still would not power on.  I followed up with support and they are shipping me out a replacement power supply, so I'm hopeful that will resolve the issue!

Message 4 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi terrapin893,

You're welcome. I believe that the replacement unit will help you with your problem and will make your volume accessible again. Just ensure that the drives will be inserted in the right order or arrangement before booting up. Just update us by posting back on this thread.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 5 of 7
terrapin893
Aspirant

Replacement in place, and original volumes restored!  What a relief.  Great customer support all along the way!

Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi terrapin893,

We appreciate your feedback and for letting us know that the process went smoothly. Kindly mark this thread closed by clicking the "Accepted as Solution” button in one of the responses that you received so others can benefit from the solution. We also look forward to hearing more from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements