× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Admin FrontView Panel Null

stoufly
Aspirant

ReadyNas Admin FrontView Panel Null

Hi all,

I've exactly the same problem as here : http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=59085#p332153

But in a different situation. Indeed, I run my Nas Duo since 2011 with 2 WD Green Caviar 1,5To into RAID 1. I've changed once one of the HDD. The 2-HDD seem fine.
Network seem fine and I don't make a network change for months.

For some weeks, I have issues with booting. Nas is not available, first in RAIDar then down.

First, it appears after a hard power break and I had just to push the 5sec reset button and then it was OK.

Now, it appears after a safe shutdown (manually with the power button) and I'm totally crashed out.
1) I've tried Skip Volum Check and firmware reinstall with the 5sec reset button. I can see the NAS in RAIDAR (Verification, then Booting then nothing...).
2) So then, I went to the hard way, using my screwdriver to make a clear CMOS putting in and out the battery. Same issue.
3) So, last night I made a 30sec factory reset, aware of losing all my datas, but OK :cry: . Now I can see and ping my NAS @192.168.0.6 (network's fine).
But when I launch admin panel with RAIDAR or directly by Safari 192.168.0.6/admin I've got a "Null" ReadyNas FrontView... !
Be aware that I'm using a MAC OS X Yosemite and I had to go backward with an older JRE because with the new JRE, RAIDar is not working.

I wonder if I'm running on a v1 or a v2 because firmware 4.1.7 is launched but I'm pretty sure I had a more recent firmware before the crash (maybe 5.X ?). If my memory is fine, I'm running on sparc.
How can I check my Nas Duo version ?

I'm thinking about a firmware issue... but I really don't know what I can do right now, I've tried all my known ways... Could you help me folks please ?

Thank's
Stoufly
Message 1 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Admin FrontView Panel Null

4.1.x indicates it is a v1.

Could be a browser compatibility issue. Can you try another web browser?
Message 2 of 15
stoufly
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick answer 🙂
I'm going to try this way in 2 hours; but really I don't make any change to my MAC OS, web browser or network configuration for months.
And 2 weeks ago, all was fine with my NAS.
Just to be sure, do you think it's possible firmware 4.1.7 was loaded on a v2 version, causing this issue ? All I remember is that I bought NAS DUO in 2011.
Message 3 of 15
stoufly
Aspirant

Damn, you were right. With FF it's OK. It was just a browser compatibility... My bad !
Exact product is : ReadyNASRND2000. So you confirm that this is a v1 ?
I'm running firmware update to 4.1.14.
Message 4 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes. It is definitely a v1: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

You can't install v1 firmware on a v2 and you can't do vice versa either. You are running v1 firmware so you must have a v1

After the firmware update you may find it works in your preferred browser again.
Message 5 of 15
stoufly
Aspirant

Ok, fine. I'll let you know.
Please, do you know if there is an update of RAIDar on the roadmap, because we can't stay with an older JRE so much longer (security breach) ?
Message 6 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 7 of 15
stoufly
Aspirant

Ok thank's
Message 8 of 15
jvandemerwe
Aspirant

I use a: Readynas NV+ V1

I had this issue too and for me it was a permissions problem on the /frontview folders.

In Google Chrome debugger I noticed:

POST https://evnas-ng4000/get_handler 500 (Internal Server Error)

How to solve this (I don't take any responsibility, but for me it worked):

With SSH or Tech Mode boot start a Putty terminal session with the Readynas.

cd /frontview
chmod +R 644 lib
chmod +R 644 conf
chmod +R 644 bin
chmod +R 755 ui

You don't have to restart the server.
Message 9 of 15
WWC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue when I boot my NV+ V1 READYNAS diks show healthy when I try to luanch the admin page from the RAIDATOR software of directly in any web browser it loads only partially and I cannot click on anything to do anything. I booted in Tech Support mode and I am able to telnet to the NAS but do not know what to do next to see if the OS partition is full or a log file would need to be deleted any help would be greatly apprecaited as I do nopt want to have to do a factory reset as I did a lot of configuration to get this setup the way I wanted. I already tried an OS re-install as well. I am using firmware 4.1.14.

Message 10 of 15
StephenB
Guru

df . -h

df . -i

and report the results.

Message 11 of 15
WWC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I woyld love to do that but ssh is not installed or enabled is there a way to do this via telent in Tech Support Mode and enable or install SSH?

Message 12 of 15
StephenB
Guru

With telnet, you'd need to mount the OS partition, and then execute those commands from the mount point.

You should be able to find the instructions on-line if you search.

Message 13 of 15
WWC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I looked and tried nad I could not find anything.

Message 14 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Really it isn't hard to google.  These search strings bring it up right away:

telnet into readynas NV+

mount readynas OS partition tech support mode

telnet instructions

http://netgear.nas-central.org/wiki/TechSupportMode

Mount instructions are posted by chirpa on this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Readynas-NV-V1-Mounting-OS-partition-in-support...

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements