× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v1 - difficulty in finding replacement disks

Ozzie777
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo v1 - difficulty in finding replacement disks

Disk #2 needs to be replaced in my ReadyNas Duo v1 as it is showing errors.  Looking at the compatability list for the NAS many of the disk models are no longer made (or where I can find them are very expensive - £150).  The current disks are Seagate Barracuda - last one was replaced in 2012.

Can I use other more recent versions of the Barracuda or is it time to replace the NAS with a newer model?  I would be grateful for any advice.

Model: RND2110v1|READYNAS DUO v1 (1TB: 1 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Duo v1 - difficulty in finding replacement disks

Ignore the compatibility list - it hasn't been updated for years.  NAS-purposed drives - Seagate Ironwolf or WDC Red drives - are suitable for your Duo (and will both work well). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Ignore the compatibility list - it hasn't been updated for years.  NAS-purposed drives - Seagate Ironwolf or WDC Red drives - are suitable for your Duo (and will both work well). 

Message 2 of 4
Ozzie777
Aspirant

Many thanks for this Stephen - I replaced the failed disk with a Seagate Iron Wolf - all now works well.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Ozzie777 wrote:

Many thanks for this Stephen - I replaced the failed disk with a Seagate Iron Wolf - all now works well.

Great!  Thanks for following up with the outcome. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements